OT; Fragrance adverts....

If I see just one more bloody stupid perfume or aftershave advert on TV, I may have to kill someone....

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Possible antidote?

Robin

Just pop into Lidl for your CocoChanel smell alike

Reply to
stuart noble

Why is it that if you buy a bird perfume she's happy, but she moans like hell if you get her a new ironing board?

But a bloke would rather have a new power tool than anything that smelt nice.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

But would a bloke in a partnership want a new ironing board as a present?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Pretty well all the Xmas ads annoy - as they are shown so often.

Is it just me, or are the after shave ads aimed at the gay market?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It is wierd if you give them something to smell nice it implies you don't like the way they smell, I guess womens 'logic' doesn't work like that. :)

I think women should wear more appropriate smells such as sawn wood, or bandsawed BMS, or angle grindered iron. I'm sure there's others that are fragrant for a DIYer we could bottle ;-)

Reply to
whisky-dave

Reply to
Paul Herber

Just read poop into Lidl. Need new glasses...

Reply to
Matthias Czech

Perfume? Nice?

Reply to
Mike Barnes

He might do, if he did the ironing.

Ironing boards are quite useful height-adjustable workspaces.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Transport yourself back to 1977 and enjoy this one:

mike

It's just you that's aimed at the gay market, Dave. ;-)

Apparently, the majority of male "fragrances" are bought by women for men so the ads are aimed at women.

Reply to
mike

The Natural Philosopher

Ha! Memories of a wet holiday with a (superficially) wet alsation and three wet tweed coats in the car - not sure that glass'd hold that.

Reply to
PeterC

If you know what you are doing, it implies you like the way they smell and here is more of the same or, if you are very good at perfumes, something similar that they will like.

Reply to
Nightjar

LOL!

Shame it's for such a s**te beer :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Was that veg stall holder a very young Melvyn Hayes?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

It is a splendid beer, far too strong for southerners.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

i got an advert for storage units..

Reply to