OT Fracking

Seems a bit extreme. I reckon the planet can support a billion or so in reasonable comfort. :)

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

UK population.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Then you might have enough to pay for peoples pensions.

Reply to
dennis

You would need to be selective about who you got rid of. All those who only have state benefits and pension would be a start but not enough. Who is going to operate the gas chambers knowing that when they have finished they will be redundant and gassed too?

Reply to
dennis

We've got enough already to pay for peoples pensions - the NI Pension Fund has a surplus of some £38bn. Unfortunately it isn't used to pay pensions - it's used to keep income tax down. And if GB hadn't stolen some £2.5bn per annum ongoing under the guise of a green tax the surplus would be even more.

Reply to
bert

Pensioners make a net contribution to the economy of some £40bn according to a report by WVS Who would do all the free child minding whilst parents go to work for example.

Reply to
bert

But in turn those extra immigrants age and need pensions and someone to pay the taxes oonce they retire!

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

There is no NI fund. If everyone stops paying NI tax there is no money in a fund to pay pensions.

Reply to
dennis

harry. they would have promised him a pension, and he would have believed them.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Oh yes there is. The government actuaries place a report on the fund in the HOC Library every year and as I said it currently has surplus of some £38bn. Of course the fund has to be kept solvent by NI pension fund contributions. It is a hypothecated tax which legally can only be used to pay pensions. Up to 2006 it was invested in guilts which paid interest further boosting the fund At that time the surplus was approaching £58bn However by transferring it to an account with the Commissioner for National Debt the government has effectively stolen it.

Reply to
bert

And so we continue to chase our tails faster and faster in ever decreasing circles.

Reply to
bert

It's an interesting thought that saving for retirement is good for individuals,but won't work for a whole society.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Aha, so they are the guilty/gilty ones?

Reply to
harryagain

Just how far do you think £38bn goes when there are 25M pensioners? there is no fund just a bit of current account balance at best.

Reply to
dennis

You obviously don't understand how the system works.

Reply to
bert