OT: For a beer: Brand new Wickes Acrylic bath...Lisbon model.

Hi folks, hope this is not contraveaning any uk.d-i-y rukes and regulations, but I have a brand new acrylic bath to exchange for a drink that is surplus to requirements. I've just changed my bathroom suite in my one-bed flat for a cheapo replacement suite from Wickes. After installing this the Lisbon bath, I decided I didn't like it - I wanted one wioth a wider base! [Using it mainly to shower...the base is slightly curved....just felt a bit cramped]. I could have lived with it, but a shower is one of the few material luxuries I allow myself in this world, so I wanted it right. I bought a different bath from B&Q, and now all is well.

But this Lisbon bath now needs a home, It somehow doesn't look right in my bedroom. So....for a beer....does anybody want this bath before I get rid of it. Brand new, was installed, but never been used.

I live in Chesham, Bucks.

My email is: vindaloo77 at ntlworld dot com

I'll leave it hanging around until the weekend, then it's down to the dump :-(.

Thanks Garry

Reply to
garryb59

Sorry, but I don't have any drink that is surplus to requirements; that is apart from the beer that I rent.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

I got some very funny looks trying out (laying in) all the baths in B&Q -- glad I did now! One thing I didn't think of was handles on the sides though -- having swapped to a nice new shiny (slippery) bath without them, I miss them from my old bath.

Didn't quite have the guts to try out the toilets on display, but someone else already had... (Actually, that was Wickes IIRC.)

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Wish I had now....although I'd have been standing in them....might have got some even odder looks though! This was a case of buy in haste, get the job done, 'they're all the same' mentality'. Not so. Still....we learn.

Funny you should say that, I had these very same thoughts. I'm sure all the 'cheaper' baths used to have these hand rails years ago, I seem to remember them being kind of standard.

Quite!!

Garry

Reply to
garryb59

You think you had problems, we have been looking for one with room for two!

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Hi Chris,

You got to go for an 1800 bath.

Afeter consultation here, I got an 1800 bath to replace the aging avacado effort in my place, it's ace ;)) Fill it up 1/2 ->2/3 and you literally float in the bugger ;))

The perfect refuge... glass of wine, good book (currently: Robert Ludlum's Bourne Ultimatum, but noones perfect;)) Taps in the middle and the wife down the other end, so no arguement about who gets the cold tap in the neck ;)

I got mine from "Taskers" in Liverpool, cost under 200, can't remember precisely how much. Not sure if Taskers are an independant or got a chain.

Will try to dig out the manuf and stuff for you if you want.

Reply to
Jet

Presumably you bought the whole Lisbon suite, and just changed the bath? Reason I ask is that the way Wickes sell the package is as several different components all priced separately (bath/sink/toilet/taps/cistern handle/plug etc - check your receipt) and then they knock off a discount on the receipt to make it up to the the value of the package, and you can't mix and match the components with others. Reason I mention it is that I bought a Lisbon suite, didn't like the cheapo taps and so dressed the suite up with some posh ones (a la Beeny!). At a later date I took the unwanted, unused, cheapo taps back, without the receipt, and exchanged them for 'goods-to-the-value-of'. Not quite what Wickes might want or expect, but hey. Maybe you can do the same thing with your tub, if it's still wrapped? The receipt will show you the exchange value.

If not, stick it on ebay, bet you get more than a beer for it, and it will save you a trip to the tip!

David

Reply to
Lobster

Inline, side by side or bunk bed style?

Reply to
James Hart

After extensive research, we are going for an Airbath Elegance Spa, 1800 x 808, with a bow front widening to 945. I know it is (very) expensive, but it was never going to be a cheap job. Sorry to disappoint the group, but I am not fitting it myself.

What has surprised me, when I have invited quotes for the work, is how many firms are just not geared up for anyone having done the research, listed the kit and drawn a suggested layout, just to check it is feasible. Seems as if it is a bit like going to a BMW dealer and asking for a Merc. They seem to be used to passive clients who will follow their lead.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Hi Dave, no I didn't buy the whole suite, just the bath and a new basin. Although unused, It's not really in accetapble condition to return for a refund - packaging removed, legs screwed to base, taps temporary installed with residual plumbers mate in evidence!..etc.

I wasn't going to bother with Ebay, but I will do now. I'm prerpared to write off the money as a lesson learnt, that doesn't matter now, but I was just reluctant to dump it straight away.....

Anyway, cheers for the suggestion Garry

Reply to
garryb59