Repair acrylic bath

I have a white fiberglass acrylic whirlpool tub. A piece of acrylic coating about 1/2" in diameter fell off, the fiberglass core itself is undamaged. How do I repair it? Unfortunately the fell off acrylic piece split into multiple pieces and I cannot glue it to fiberglass core.

Reply to
ls02

what did the manufacturer say when you called them? they make repair kits for specific types of plastic; you have to get the right one or it won't stick. it'll probably still be apparent that it was fixed.

Reply to
chaniarts

Plenty of hits for acrylic spa repair kits on Google. These kits normally contain methyl methacrylate monomer and curing agent along with some polymer and filler and are usually 2 parts, one with monomer and other with curing agent.

Tubs themselves are thermoformed acrylic sheet and fiber glass backing is sprayed on for rigidity and the binder is most likely polyester which does not matter here.

First place I'd talk to is seller of tub.

Reply to
Frank

ls02 wrote the following:

The piece that fell out is part of what is called a gel coat. There are patches and repair kits. Just Google 'fiberglass gel coat repair'

Reply to
willshak