OT: Firewood splitting/burning qualities questions

Provided it's replanted it's not really relevant if the clear felled to clear felled interval is 50 years or 500. It's not millions...

Oh yes, we don't attempt to grow our own food but have grown stuff occasionally. I've got the tools and skills required to build and repair lots of things, like a shelter, a fire place, associtated oven. Would also be prepared to defend "my patch"...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

'Cause it's additional carbon to that that was forming a fairly well in balance carbon cycle.

Fracking won't it's releasing more fossil carbon.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Without the modern petro chemical industry to produce the fertilisers?

Without big aggri to provide the seed? Many crops are sterile hybrids or don't reproduce true to the hybrid. If only so that big aggri can keep selling their expensive seed.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

But less than coal

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Pretty high I should imagine, most people I know take a forgien holiday at least once a year, flying to get there.

It was. I didn't buy a "round the world" plane ticket either as they (did?) insist that you don't go "backwards" at all and you have to fly into and out of the same aiport. So for the Far East I booked a set of single tickets, lets see if I can remember:

LHR (London Heathrow) > HKG (Hong Kong), PEK (Beijing) > BKK (Bangkok), SIN (Singapore) > DPS (Denpasar, Bali)

Then went overland on public transport HKG > PEK and BKK to SIN. Mixture of bus, including a sleeper bus. That was "interesting", being woken up in the wee small hours of the morning by some welding being done somewhere in the vincity of the left hand rear wheel and stopping to fill up the large roof mounted water tank to provide cooling for the brakes before starting a very long (30 mile+) reasonably steep decent with some sections not being very wide and a seriously steep drop to the valley bottom several hundred feet below...

Boring serial flights after DPS > HNL (Honolulu) > SFO (San Franciso)

Wise, at most I've only managed to grab a day sight seeing on any work trip.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

derived

True enough but what is released is still fossil and additional.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

As opposed to breathing out?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yup ...

That would be your 'left brained' interpretation on that I'm guessing?

(because of that. You are confused that it stereotypically / simplistically means what you think it means yet I seem to be using it 'as an insult') ... ?

No, they are the tangible traits that are supposed to be associated with someone who is LBD but they aren't what I'm talking about directly here.

What I'm referring to are the characteristics that make some appear LBD in how they are often less empathetic, how they (therefore) often ignore the thoughts and opinions of others because they 'know' they are right (because their lack of empathy allows them to disregard the views and opinions of others and see how they counter their own).

So I'm using it as a label to show a difference of thinking, where a 'left brainer' would typically not include / consider as many of the aspects of most things, compared to a right brainer.

Left brainers think fast, but they don't try to consider all aspects (so they don't get slowed by that) so they will therefore often 'jump to conclusions'. Right brainers use more of a fuzzy logic and that takes more time, but more likely to come to a more rounded conclusion.

Like, a LBD will vote to leave the EU and even if Leave gained 50%+1 votes, they would still count that as a definitive Leave win. Now, whilst it might be considered such by 1) those who want it and 2) those who have rigid thinking and 3) it's the current 'rules', it DOES NOT and will not (to a RBD) reflect the will of the people, especially the other 50%-1 who directly voted against it, because we all know that few of those voted for either outcome, actually had a clue what they would actually GET. The left brainers would assume they would get what was voted for. The right brainers would question the logic of all of it and probably, not be so keen to gamble our futures, considering ALL the circumstances.

We are all on the spectrum, some roughly comply with their gender bias (most men are left brainers, most women right) and the difference between them can be very slight. But then you can get extremes (and everything in-between), from a near robot to a quivering heap of nerves.

A friend has done quite a bit of research on this, partly to try to understand the relationship with his own wife (or lack thereof). He is very much a people person, an IT trainer and very open and interested in other peoples views and opinions and caring for those around him, whereas his wife is an accountant (surprise surprise) and the complete opposite.

She had 'a plan' on how life should be but it didn't extend past the having kids and them eventually moving out stage (much to the long term cost of her entire family).

So, many here use the same sort of tools to 'pigeonhole people, be they called 'a Lefty', 'a Marxist', 'a Remoaner', 'a Tory' and there is strong evidence to link all of that to how / where someone is on the 'brain lateralisation spectrum.

Someone isn't 'weird' (compared with 'most people') 'but good at maths', they are 'good at maths' because they are 'weird'. ;-)

HTH, but the chances are it won't for reasons I explain above. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m