OT: Firewood splitting/burning qualities questions

wrote:
<snip> >>>Perhaps your brain cannot cope with that concept.

Oh 'ouch', I'll consider myself b u r n e d! (not, in case you don't get sarcasm either).
Cheers, T i m
On Mon, 24 Jun 2019 20:59:08 +0100, T i m wrote:

You appear to have difficulty with your spelling. Did you mean 'burned'?

Woah, I'm pretty sure you couldn't give us a better demonstration of a Left Brainer in action! Thanks!
The *spelling* was 100% correct. The emphasis was completely lost (obviously / predictably).
Cheers, T i m
On Tue, 25 Jun 2019 11:10:43 +0100, T i m wrote:

Sorry Tim but I have both left and right hemispheres to my brain. Perhaps you have comprehension difficulties as you seem to believe you only have half a brain (though you still appear to be brainless to the majority)

Now I understand why you need to separate the letters in your name by spaces - its because its too big a word for you to comprehend without breaking it down.
<snip> >> Woah, I'm pretty sure you couldn't give us a better demonstration of a

Yes, I'm sure you have ... and you have demonstrated over and over which one is dominant. <sigh>

Oh dear ... the irony. ;-(

Aw bless.
The irony is you still understand nothing. ;-(
But thanks for playing. I really should get back to doing other and way more important things.
Cheers, T i m
On Tue, 25 Jun 2019 14:29:58 +0100, T i m wrote:

I understand that you are a self confessed criminal who has an obsession with their half a brain and that you like to insult those who can think both rationally and emotionally. If you are ever lucky enough to develop that part of the brain which influences rational thinking please come back and we can have a further discussion on the level of your criminality. I promise I will only use very short words which I hope you will u n d e r s t a n d

More laws to break eh?

Oh the irony. Spoken like a true sheep.
Tim+
--
Please don't feed the trolls

Quite.
The thing is, I think I should feel sorry for them, they are trying to fight with one arm tied behind their back. ;-(
Imagine how weird the real analogue world must seem to someone who only works in black and white?
But of course, the truth is, because their world is only ever in black and white so why they appear to be happy with their lot. ;-)
You don't miss what you have never had etc. ;-(
So, round here there are loads of dual use pavements that appear to come and go and so pedestrians and cyclist have learned to co-exist in such places, even when some of it might not be dual use.
In many cases it's not even clear which bits are what, both because the markings have worn away and people joining mid entry / exit not aware that there is supposed to be some segregation.
I believe they are actually extending this 'mixed use' idea in many cities, with pedestrians, cycles, motorcycles and cars all sharing the exact same space with little in the way of markings even and it works because people have to be more observant (from all sides).
The *massive* difference between that an A road is the closing speed of cars, lorries and busses and cyclists, often making it very dangerous when two such vehicles are side by side and then find themselves up the back of a cycle.
So, rather than cycling many many miles beside a completely empty pavement, many cyclists (and especially those who are old or young and generally not wearing Lycra) seek refuge out of the way of the fast traffic, much to the joy of both groups. [1]
Cheers, T i m
[1] We encountered one of those cycling things the other day where there were a fair few cyclists wearing numbers and marshals at various points and they were all fairly spread out along both sides of a stretch of dual carriageway. It was actually causing all sort of issues as cars overtook cyclist, sped up and then whilst being overtaken by other cars, came up behind another cyclist (much faster than you would come up behind most powered vehicles), then you had (saw) the dilemma of people either going for the overtake of the cycle and baulking someone overtaking them or coming to a rapid slow and then being stuck there for ages as everything was overtaking you at a rate of knots.
On 23/06/2019 19:53, Mark Allread wrote:

That's the whole point - IIUC, he is. Laws tend to be broken if there's a better option.
If nobody's harmed, you and possibly others benefit and the risk of penalty is slight, why not?
--
Cheers, Rob

On Mon, 24 Jun 2019 14:20:48 +0100, RJH wrote:

So if someone robs you of your possessions but causes you no harm and the robber and their family benefits from the proceeds of the crime that's fine is it?
On 24/06/2019 15:19, Mark Allread wrote:

No. I should have been clearer for your benefit. If nobody's harmed, you and possibly others benefit and the risk of penalty is slight, why not?
--
Cheers, Rob

We have either forgotten that we are talking at Rod, it's a(/nother) troll or it's a full blown left brainer. ;-(
How it is unable (... unwilling because it's not it's goal) to differentiate between those two scenarios?
His scenario would only apply if because the Police didn't stop us, their family were going to go hungry (when we all know they wouldn't be likely to stop us) if it was *obvious* the cyclists were doing a 'sensible thing' (albeit technically 'against the law') and when seen in light of the bigger picture (cycling on an empty footpath V possibly catching a mugger or drug dealer).
But how can you come to such a conclusion when you can't automatically see all these things? ;-(
Cheers, T i m
On Mon, 24 Jun 2019 16:44:50 +0100, RJH wrote:

*If* I were a thief who took your possessions but caused no harm and I then sold them for the benefit of me and my family and the chances of my detection and hence penalty would be slim; are you saying that is alright?

Mate, you are either a very stupid troll or whisky dave with a spell checker, given the level of your stupid assertions. ;-(
Tell me (if you can / dare), who is stolen from (a direct crime of denying someone the permanent use of something) when someone uses an otherwise empty footpath as a safe, cycle refuge?
Who are the children also sealing from when they cycle on the pavement with their parents?
Please don't try to conflate theft with the (potentially) illegal use of the pavement.
Now, you might try to say (as you dig the hole deeper) that the cyclists are stealing the (unhindered use of the) pavement from the pedestrians. *Except*, I have already stated it would be done with discretion and typically on a completely empty one.
But hey, thanks for playing!
Cheers, T i m
On Mon, 24 Jun 2019 20:56:44 +0100, T i m wrote:

Paraphrasing a well known quote... it has already been established that you are a criminal Tim, what I am now attempting to do is establish the degree of criminality you (and others who support criminality) are willing to tolerate or participate in.
<snip> >> Please don't try to conflate theft with the (potentially) illegal use of

Aww bless. Well, you carry on Mark (/Rod), it's good to have a hobby!
Oh, and if I was 1) Cycling on the pavement (because I decided it was appropriate) and 2) got stopped by the Police for doing so (they wouldn't bring any other charges as I wouldn't be riding without lights, consideration or be riding furiously) and 3) they decided to actually apply the on-the-spot fine, I'd happily hand over my 30 quid. ;-)
Cheers, T i m
On Tue, 25 Jun 2019 11:17:45 +0100, T i m wrote:

In your case it seems to have its roots in criminality. You still haven't disclosed just what level of criminal activity you are prepared to either tolerate or indulge in.

OK so you are prepared to accept criminality that costs you £30. What is the maximum penalty you are willing to incur? £1000, £5000, imprisonment? Just how far are you prepared to go?
On 24/06/2019 17:37, Mark Allread wrote:

snip

I can't see how doing that causes no harm - can you give an example?
--
Cheers, Rob

On Tue, 25 Jun 2019 19:29:04 +0100, RJH wrote:

Perhaps you could explain how the loss of possessions does cause harm.
On 25/06/2019 20:18, Mark Allread wrote:

Well, financial and emotional, at least for me. Loss of utility, inconvenience at having to replace. And for a lot of people it's the impact of having their home, person or space violated.
As I say, you'd need to expand on what you mean by possession.
--
Cheers, Rob