OT: Firefox Verified by Visa stopped working

Hello I stumbled upon this thread looking for faults in Verify by Visa process as I tried several times to get my visa debit card accepted using the verify program it kept refusing my card details saying that the payment was refused. I telephoned my bank and they confirmed that there was no stop on any of my cards. They also informed me that five payments had been paid out of my account, I was very angry as the Visa Verification system advised me that these payments had not been accepted. currently the Giffgaff phone company have £50 of my money I have received any goods/services for these payments and I have been unsuccessful in trying to contact them. The Bank will not admit fault Nothing new there, I have emailed and received a receipt for my email from the Visa Verification People about this problem claiming that unauthorized payments have been removed from my account without my knowledge. Once 14 days have elapsed if I do not receive any goods/services for this money I can tell my bank to activate a charge back to retrieve my money. On new years day the Visa verification system threw up an error reading "There is a technical problem with the payment server. please try again later. server secure.worldpay.com at 15:15:18 on 1st of January 2015. I am not running Firefox I am running windows 7 Ultimate service Pack 1 . I do not think it is a problem with firefox more like a problem with the Verify with Visa servers going down. If you use the service please do not renter your details and try again until you have checked you bank balance to see if the verification service has been bypassed and the payment has been allowed by your bank even if an onscreen message confirms that payment has not been allowed. I hope this helps. regards.

Reply to
oojimmyflip

I tried fred's suggested fixes but some of the security settings seem not t o be there any more.

Having read Fredxxx's link to the POODLE problem, it seems the current vers ion of Firefox (34) is buggered as far as Verified By Visa goes although th ings might be sorted when version 35 appears.

Regarding your payments to Giffgaff, assuming the payments went through, yo u'll just end up with an awful lot of credit, won't you? As mentioned befo re, my relative ended up - in those cases where payments did go through wit hout any way of telling - with various duplicated orders which she was fort unately able to return.

Reply to
mike

Pre-Xmas I bought a tyre online, and the VbV system was playing up as it had done before. Mindful of the possibility of a double-charge, I backed out and attempted to Paypal the payment. For some reason it wouldn't connect either. I later checked my bank account and nothing had been taken, so had another go with VbV, which worked this time. I think their systems (the seller, Oponeo, and VbV) are unable to cope in times of high useage.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

The M&S website went t*ts up over Xmas. Sending out emails cancelling other emails, and not having stuff they said they had

Reply to
stuart noble