OT: Feeling cold

arse-burgers I've heard about it on southpark.

Reply to
whisky-dave

If she volunteered to do it, there's nothing wrong with it.

One degree? That's incorrect. You die at 20C, 17C below normal. 1C and you only chatter your teeth. Do you seriously think that the chemical reactions required for your body to fucntion can even tell it's just 1C too low?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

If someone makes my head go underwater, I hold my breath. Anyone too stupid to do so does not deserve to live.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

The point is it's not harmful to shiver, any more than it's harmful to sweat. Shivering does not mean you're cold, it means your body is stopping you being cold.

Survival of the fittest.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Would you call sweating an emergency? Because that's the same thing.

Why bother adjusting heating and clothes, just let your body do it. It's designed that way, it's called being warm blooded.

The core temperature.

No, forever. Or until you run out of water to sweat or energy to shiver. And you have a LOT more food stored than water.

Lack of information, you can't se the branch.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

It's 10C outside.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Don't feed the troll.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

rote:

o make standing difficult. It's quite enjoyable.

weres stiletto heels, I've known people into S&M and someopne that thought the spice girls were good musicians, so there's some weird people out there you're not alone there's help for most.

eat. Shivering does not mean you're cold, it means your body is stopping y ou being cold.

you shiver because you are cold. When you feel cold, tiny sensors in your skin send messages to your brain t elling you need to warm up. Your brain sends messages to nerves all over yo ur body telling your muscles to tighten and loosen really fast, which is wh at we call shivering. It does this because when muscles move they generate heat.

It's realy, simple people have know this for a long time.

fingers and toes go bright red in the cold (for example walking barefoot i n snow), they keep themselves warm, especially if being used (eg walking).

I see you've got that wrong too, which is why the world isnlt full of eskim os and why everyone believes we came out of africa rather than antarica.

Reply to
whisky-dave

On Thursday, 16 February 2017 14:57:52 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

rote:

Nothing like the same thing.

advantages of shivering to maintain the correct body temerature.

designed that way, it's called being warm blooded.

It allows us to inhabite a much wider range of tempatures and therefore pla ces to live and hunt. Also allows us to be abke to breed all ayear round and not have to hibernat e for months on end.

you're shivering uncontrollably, you've likely gone from 37C down to 35C. But you need 20C to die.

get yourself educated.

oncepts

Cold

36 °C (97 °F) ? Feeling cold, mild to moderate shiver ing (body temperature may drop this low during sleep). May be a normal body temperature. 35 °C (95 °F) ? (Hypothermia is less than 35 °C (95 °F)) ? Intense shivering, numbness and bluish/grayness of the skin. There is the possibility of heart irritability. 34 °C (93 °F) ? Severe shivering, loss of movement of fingers, blueness and confusion. Some behavioural changes may take place. 33 °C (91 °F) ? Moderate to severe confusion, sleepin ess, depressed reflexes, progressive loss of shivering, slow heart beat, sh allow breathing. Shivering may stop. Subject may be unresponsive to certain stimuli. 32 °C (90 °F) ? (Medical emergency) Hallucinations, d elirium, complete confusion, extreme sleepiness that is progressively becom ing comatose. Shivering is absent (subject may even think they are hot). Re flex may be absent or very slight. 31 °C (88 °F) ? Comatose, very rarely conscious. No o r slight reflexes. Very shallow breathing and slow heart rate. Possibility of serious heart rhythm problems. 28 °C (82 °F) ? Severe heart rhythm disturbances are likely and breathing may stop at any time. Patient may appear to be dead. 24?26 °C (75?79 °F) or less ? Death u sually occurs due to irregular heart beat or respiratory arrest; however, s ome patients have been known to survive with body temperatures as low as 14 .2 °C (57.6 °F).[17]

And you have a LOT more food stored than water.

But it can't all be used for heating, otherwise that woukd be the ultimate diet sit in a cold room.

d it do that, why does it matter if yuo hiot yuor head, Ah I see the proble your brain can't work it out.

Why not yuo have eyes don't you ?

Reply to
whisky-dave

Yes, your body is attempting to lower your body temperature, if sweating can't do that (heavy excercise, high air temperature, high humidity WHY) you'll get heat stroke.

hottest

Shivering only works provided the heat generated is equal to or preferably greater than the heat you are losing. If it isn't and your core temperature continues to drop you eventually stop shivering, your thinking becomes affected, you may even think your are too hot and take off your clothes, somewhere in there is becoming drowsy and unresponsive, really bad signs that the Deep Sleep is not far away.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

In his dark, strange, weird mind, Hucker now thinks that he is a Physical Training Instructor.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

It means your core temperature is 1 or 2C below normal, that's all, just like sweating means it's 1 or 2 above. That's not too anything, it's like when your central heating thermostat comes on, it doesn't mean your house is cold, it's just keeping it warm.

More food in hotter places.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Precisely the same, but a degree above instead of a degree below 37C.

the advantages of shivering to maintain the correct body temerature.

It's designed that way, it's called being warm blooded.

e places to live and hunt.

ernate for months on end.

You can survive naked outdoors all year round in most places we inhabit.=

If you're shivering uncontrollably, you've likely gone from 37C down t= o 35C. But you need 20C to die.

hivering (body temperature may drop this low during sleep). May be a nor= mal body temperature.

=B0C (95 =C2=B0F)) =E2=80=93 Intense shivering, numbness and bluish/gray= ness of the skin. There is the possibility of heart irritability.

nt of fingers, blueness and confusion. Some behavioural changes may take= place.

eepiness, depressed reflexes, progressive loss of shivering, slow heart = beat, shallow breathing. Shivering may stop. Subject may be unresponsive= to certain stimuli.

ns, delirium, complete confusion, extreme sleepiness that is progressive= ly becoming comatose. Shivering is absent (subject may even think they a= re hot). Reflex may be absent or very slight.

No or slight reflexes. Very shallow breathing and slow heart rate. Poss= ibility of serious heart rhythm problems.

are likely and breathing may stop at any time. Patient may appear to be= dead.

ath usually occurs due to irregular heart beat or respiratory arrest; ho= wever, some patients have been known to survive with body temperatures a= s low as 14.2 =C2=B0C (57.6 =C2=B0F).[17]

So just like I said, 36C shiver, 35C lots of shiver, 20C dead. Calling =

35C dangerous is stupid.

ver. And you have a LOT more food stored than water.

mate diet sit in a cold room.

It is. You can burn 800 calories an hour if you do so. Best thing to d= o is exercise AND be cold, then you burn even more.

would it do that, why does it matter if yuo hiot yuor head, Ah I see the= proble your brain can't work it out.

Not there, no.

-- =

When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I re= alised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him = to forgive me. -- Emo Philips

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I think for myself instead of believing what I read.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Evaporation is limited, especially when humid. But shivering and thermogenesis from brown fat cells can generate masses of heat, which you can then keep on the inside by dropping circulation to your skin.

But when someone goes jogging and has sweat all over their tshirt, they don't consider this a problem. Yet if they're shivering, they panic!

Which is easy to do. Shivering, brown fat cells, and dropping circulation to the skin, that's three methods.

No you don't, you shiver harder.

Only if you're one of those weak minded people who can't think straight after a few pints.

37C normal, 36C shivering, 35C violent shivering, 20C (note the huge gap) death.
Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

That is why you are where you are now. Aldi cottage cheese again tonight is it? We have Salmon Wellington and potato scallops tonight.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

I don't like that. I eat what I find tasty, irrespective of price or how good it is for me.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

No , he is a dog trainer and you are one of the dogs. he throws out an absurdity like a tempting treat and you like a terrier take the bait and start yapping and get excited. Must keep him amused for hours.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

I enjoy taking the slash out of the pikey. I know that it is hard to believe, but he sincerely believes in every option that he posts.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

I don't give you options.

Reply to