OT: Famous for 15 minutes.

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Bruce saying something like:

I dunno about that - have you _seen_ his picture?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

No, but I'm no oil painting, so I would not be one to criticise how other people on uk.d-i-y might look. ;-)

It wouldn't be difficult to be better looking than Tommy Walsh or, for that matter, faster. TW has two speeds - dead slow and stop. The only thing he's quick to do is moan. :-(

Reply to
Bruce

I have a great face for radio :-)

Halfway through the conversation with the researcher on Tuesday, he asked if I listened to Radio Kent. I evaded the question somewhat :-) I never listen to it!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

just a few odd job men. Kent Handyman's original website was a direct cut & paste job from mine. He still uses exactly the same pricing policy. Never come across him.

Medway Handyman Service is a more recent start up and is making the classic small business mistake of not charging enough. At his rates he won't make anything like a decent living.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I do have a cunning plan :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Bruce wibbled on Thursday 01 April 2010 18:15

And Tommy went up several notches in my estimation when I caught him on TV a few weeks back building a really nice set of kitchen cupboards and worktop out of actual wood. No MDF in sight. And they even showed a bit of technical stuff for a change.

Reply to
Tim Watts

My thoughts too. Why do presenters (it's just the same on the Today Show) like the sound of their own voices so much ??

Reply to
Tim Streater

He has got the face for radio ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Stereo radio requires .......

Apologies Dave.

Reply to
PJ

And me. On a bank holiday, too :-(

It was just at the time when British Gas had started to

Same here. Very nice guy came out and sorted it, then when it came to signing the paperwork said; "so, you just noticed this gas smell out of the blue this afternoon, right?"

"Er, well, yes just after I put the nail through the pipe"

"No, you JUST NOTICED THE GAS SMELL OUT OF THE BLUE THIS AFTERNOON, RIGHT?"

"Oh... yes... that's right"

David

Reply to
Lobster

Thank you Mr Rumm :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "The Medway Handyman" saying something like:

He's damn close to 'passing off' his service as yours, iyswim.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I like the words "lowest handman rate in Medway (*)"

(*)according to our research etc.

And if they take twice as long as Dave who is the cheapest?

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

^^^^^^^

Does he advertise in phone boxes?

I suppose it depends whether the client's in a hurry or not.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

In message , The Medway Handyman wrote

Possibly because he lives in a place named "Rochestrer"

Reply to
Alan