OT: False news and real news - Nuclear power.

False News:
http://www.dw.com/en/new-cracks-found-in-tihange-2-belgian-nuclear-power-plant/a-39204539
"New cracks found in Tihange 2 Belgian nuclear power plant"
Real news:
http://www.fanc.fgov.be/nl/page/doel-3-tihange-2-flaw-indications-in-the-reactor-pressure-vessel-steel/1989.aspx
"Since we have been able to find scientific explanations for all these newly reported hydrogen flakes, or they have been accounted for by signals recorded in previous inspections, the analysis of these results allows us to conclude that no new hydrogen flakes have appeared and that there has been no change in the size of the hydrogen flakes already detected."
--
"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign,
that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."
On 6/18/2017 1:41 PM, Brian Gaff wrote:

"Hydrogen flakes" is not terminology we would use in the UK, I wonder if this is in fact a machine translation, otherwise it's a quote from a non-native speaker.
Hydrogen cracking is the term we would use. You also get stress corrosion cracking in other circumstances.