OT? Electric shavers

I'm in the midst of tyding up old papers and came across the booklet and receipt for my Philips Rotary. July 1984 Philishave HP1605 mains powered I used to have one of those little sharpening gadgets from a previous shaver which was basically a bit of emery in a cylinder. So I've sharpened the blades on a stone and more recently tried the diamond credit card sharpener, very gently.

It's not brilliant now so I have a 7 'o' clock shadow unless I spend ages. I've had to pull a couple of blades out as they were catching.

I do have a later battery Philishave which only gets used when I'm travelling which is occasional at best and zero at the moment. It does give a smarter shave than the old one.

Reply to
AnthonyL

These vary a lot in price, and I think mine came from Canada. But they have lasted years (and two or three razors), so cheaper than new cutters!

Obviously you need to select the right ones, but this is a starting point:

Bob Eager

You really do need a *very* fine abrasive to sharpen them fully. By all means use something coarse to start with - but finish off with Solvol Autosol on a bit of flat glass. There may well be other polishes that work as well, though.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Thanks, yes I'd wondered if I'd been a bit heavy handed.

Reply to
AnthonyL