Repairing shavers

Is it possible to diy repair a shaver ?

My Panasonic ES762 has stopped working.

I'm 95% certain there's a fault on the switch (connections maybe), so if I could get it open I think it should be repairable. Before it stopped working, the switch showed signs of bad connection. Then it stopped working, I tried it again two weeks later, and it worked. Now it's stopped again.

It's a wet and dry shaver, so everything is extra securely sealed inside.

I've removed the bottom (held on by two screws) and taken two screws out of the top, but the main unit is not yet free from the case. I think the cutter blocks need to come off next, but don't know how to remove them.

More info, is that the case (apart from the removed bottom) is a single moulded unit i.e not split each side, so the main unit must come out through the top.

Reply to
Paul S