OT: DABS, gone for a sack

It's a security thing. With mail order/CC fraud going through the roof the vendor is not covered against charge-backs if goods are shipped to any address that isn't card holders registered address and customer then denies reciept of goods.

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

Some (don't know if all) CC coys allow the registration of a second address for delivery.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

. Same here. Then later I moved house and they wouldn't even let me change the address, as I hadn't confirmed (i.e. ordered) at the old address.

So, there's a win for them.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I tried to order from ebuyer today. Not one single step of the ordering process actually worked. Never again, I've wasted enough time.

NT

Reply to
Tabby

Whatever went wrong there then?. I've used them twice in the last month and it was click-click-click done!. Goods turned up the next day!...

Reply to
tony sayer

So I keep hearing - but just about everything went wrong. Sign up form kept having problems, sign in wouldnt work, clicking add to basket added the wrong product first time (it seemed to ignore the fact that I went back a page) help system didnt help, the whole thing. There's a limit to how much time I'll waste on such companies, and that limit was surely reached. I'm running firefox, and dont have problems with other sites.

NT

Reply to
Tabby

Give it one more try. I can't see why it would work OK for me and not for you unless they were having a bad IT problem day..

Reply to
tony sayer

Odd - it's always flawless here.

Reply to
Skipweasel

Nicer is when you opt for free delivery and it still turns up the next day - had that happen a couple of times.

Reply to
Skipweasel

That sounded sensible, so I just did. Again nothing works, nothing at all. Logging in fails, following instructions after unsuccessful login fails, trying to contact help without calling a premium number fails. Sorry, life's too short for their brand of nonsense, I'm done. Seldom have I met such a dreadful user experience. All I wantde to do was order stuff.

NT

Reply to
Tabby

I found that neither the Checkout nor the Change Password page worked at Amazon when using Firefox. Internet Explorer was OK, though.

Reply to
Peter Twydell

Dunno what to suggest. I just logged in and checked some old orders and made a test purchase and cancelled it again and all was fine!..

On Firefox, don't use IE* anymore..

Wonder if it might be some sort of cookies issue?..

Reply to
tony sayer

I just placed my first-ever order with CPC. All over the website they insisted I had to get the goods delivered to the registered address on the first order - not as I usually do to work, where I know someone is in always in office hours, and I could even go and sign for them.

I had resigned myself to driving 20 miles to the depot to pick them up.

The courier left them with my neighbour. Not signed for either.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

In message , tony sayer writes

Yup, never had any problems with their site

Reply to
chris French

:

Never, ever had any problem on any e-commerce site that could be blamed on Firefox. I do use eBuyer and Amazon, amongst others.

It must be a local setting blocking cookies or popups, etc.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Ebuyer has been no trouble for me and delivered promptly.

I *wish* there was a central "one and true" review site for suppliers so it was easy to pre-empt the whole issue of dealing with idiots who have gine for a sack of s**te - maybe google could do something: "Google Craptitude" maybe...

Reply to
Tim Watts

I find they often deliver early if you choose the cheaper or free option.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Good tip - thanks :)

Reply to
Tim Watts

I normally just go for the free delivery option, I don't it has ever taken more than 2 days. I would only pay extra if I definitely wanted the stuff next day

Reply to
chris French

Works for me quite often - but don't rely on it. We ordered a couple of

1TB drives[1] the other day and they took the full five days. I think that might be the first time it's taken that long - our son was quite dissapointed. [1] Still wonder about that - how on earth did we get from my first HD which was, IIRC, in the tens of MB range, to a terabyte[2]? [2] Even if it isn't a real terabyte?
Reply to
Skipweasel