Some happy view...

Big snow coming to The Catskills, and has already started... So some happy view...

I see deer every day, all day, often herds. In fact I see all the critters... if there's food for them, you'll see them. Bluebirds nest here every year, but they need a house:

A black bear ravaged my bird feeder, twice... so no more feeders:
Here's the big fella showing off:
Before the black bear wrecked my great bird feeder, twisted my iron crook into a pretzel too:
King birds are rare for this area:
I really liked this feeder:
Woodpeckers liked it too:
Seeds fall out:
Now I feed birds on a table:
I don't know how anyone can claim they see critter prints in the snow but never see the critters... I see them all, deer are looking at me through my windows every day.. two were just here. I see all the critters, and I have thousands of photos. It's very rare I look out a window and not see critters within five minutes:
I don't think I've ever looked out a window and not seen deer, especially at night... just have to know what to look for, deer can be elusive, they blend in... I know my property intimately, the slightest thing out of place even at a great distance catches my eye, keep watching and it will move and sure enough it's a critter, and when I see one I know there are more. Deer and wild turkeys:

Brooklyn1

Brooklyn1 wrote: ...

if you feed them, they will come...

we don't particularly feed anything other than what grows here normally. i can usually see rabbits if i get up early enough (like this morning there was one silloutted against the snow).

as for other tracks, i can find deer, mice, raccoon, chipmunk, cat and various bird tracks, but won't see the related critters that come through at night. i don't like outdoor lights at night so whatever is out there is welcome to be left in the dark.

blue jays are here almost all winter, there is a hedge that holds some berries through the winter that they flutter around in and they seem to like the larger white pines we have too.

songbird

Reply to
songbird

Nice pics. I get as many deer but can't hunt them. Your place - probably could. Bear, no, and I would not want them. Black bear are fraidy cats but can cause a lot of damage. My bird feeder did not stand up to squirrels and racoons.

Reply to
Frank