how to repair broken glass in this Aluminium door?

Hi all due to a 'domestic incident' one pane of glass in our front door has smashed. It's an old aluminium door with (I think) double glazed glass. I know it can be repaired as following a similar incident some years ago I got a man to do it; I wasn't around to watch and this time I'd like to have a try myself.
I have fitted a DG uPVC window myself before but am unsure of the construction of doors like this. I've uploaded some pictures here:
http://i59.tinypic.com/igyero.jpg
http://i57.tinypic.com/zwewp.jpg
http://i58.tinypic.com/qmywoy.jpg
http://i58.tinypic.com/qmywoy.jpg
http://i62.tinypic.com/15h0irn.jpg
http://i59.tinypic.com/e61y81.jpg
Do the 'chamfered' edges lever out like uPBC edges? what is the thickness of the DG panel (if that is what it is) likely to be? Will I be able to just take the measurements and get a new panel maed (hopefully on the spot)? Any pointers to resources for doing this sort of thing?
Thanks for any advise
Jon N
On 19/08/2015 23:22, jkn wrote:

I thought doors like this are bolted/screwed together, rather than anything snapping into place like a uPVC door.
Have a look on the side around the bottom, top and middle spars, to see if there are holes or grommets hiding holes you can get a screwdriver in.
BICBW
On 19/08/15 23:30, Fredxxx wrote:

They can be - or the other option is:
Does that inner rubber bead pull out? If so, that will let the glass move back and then the OP may find that the outer beading (metal angle strips) tilt then come out. That's how my ali windows work.
On 20/08/2015 08:27, Tim Watts wrote:

Sourcing the odds and ends is the bugger. That's partly why I'd get the man back.
On 19/08/2015 23:22, jkn wrote:

It looks as though glass is in the bottom half of the door in which case it should be toughened and you won't get that made while you wait.
I've only replaced units in wood or uPVC frames so can't offer any advice on the aluminium methodology.
Peter
Hi Peter
On Thursday, 20 August 2015 10:16:35 UTC+1, Peter Andrews wrote:

Ah yes, good point, I had forgotten about that. IIRC the upper pane was replaced with toughened when that got broken...
Thanks for the other observations. I will take a look at what removing the rubber seal does, but might have to ring around...
Cheers Jon N