OT; Cwedit Cwunch?

I'd be a bit worried at having a boss who thinks that a 5 year old Fiat will impress customers!

Reply to
Tony Bryer

The Ulysse was built by Pu-got.

Derek

Reply to
Derek Geldard

Really ??

Firstly, I never said it would.

Secondly, It's a bloody sight more acceptable than the Ford Sierra Estates the sales reps used to get to do the same. Of course it wasn't

5 years old all it's life we got it from new and it was 5 y.o. when it was disposed of.

Thirdly, I find the MPV format with (re-) movable seats and sliding side doors particularly handy enabling one to stand on the pavement when hauling out multi channel analysers and the like. The choice was limited and is now even more so.

Fourthly, in the past we have found customers getting jealous and complaining if service engineers are provided with large ostentatious cars as if the cost was coming straight out of their own pocket. Can't win.

In other (simple) words it is how we chose to operate the business. End of ...

I am merely pointing out that Gordon Mac S-F's company car taxation then moved the goalposts in a grossly inequitable way.

Derek

Reply to
Derek Geldard

And I said "impress customers" where?

Read what I said.

Derek

Reply to
Derek Geldard

"However the choice of car was limited by the need to safely and reliably get out to customers up to 740 miles away (ret.) with all tools, spares, and circuit diagrams etc. and the occasional need to take customers out on sales demonstrations, so must be recent and decent."

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Thought you were talking about tax rates imposed by this labour government. The Sierra ceased production long before they came to power. You're effectively comparing cars near 20 years apart in real terms - and a lot has happened in those 20 years.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Well the company has a new boss since then and we don't have reps now

;-)

I did say "Used to get", would it have changed much if I'd said "Ford Mundaneo" ?

Now about this iniquitous company car tax ...

Derek

Reply to
Derek Geldard

Indeed, far too simplistic. My road frontage consists of a 3m wide driveway shared between four houses. I wish that was all that set my local authority taxes.

As the biggest single expenditure for LAs is education, should the childless get a discount?

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ