OT; Cwedit Cwunch?

Dave, thanks for all the constructive postings you've made over the years, but I shan't be reading them any more. Your bigotry and hypocrisy, and now 'ad hominem' - hell, it isn't even as good as that, it's simple name calling, has finally made your postings unwelcome here.

Reply to
Huge

None so blind as those who will not see.

Reply to
Huge

Wrong, the fact that they consider their journey as necessary is the problem - two examples - around here there is a real problem with mums, their cars and the 'school run', many live closer to the school (as the footpaths run) than the most direct driving route to the school is, thus the journey is only necessary because the mums (and kids) refuse to exercise their legs. Also, people will spend money on fuel so that they can buy their baked-beans (or what ever) two pence cheaper, never mind the fact that they are using 4p of fuel doing so, than the local shop...

Reply to
Jerry

I can't remember when last I saw a hitchhiker - so I'd guess they're equally as frightened of drivers.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thanks for your entry. Next applicant, please.

Reply to
Huge

Humpty Dumpty said in one of the Alice novels 'words mean what I want them to'.

Hardly name calling. And I thought you'd have understood the reference given the context. Ah well.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

We'll take it that the truth hurts...

Reply to
Jerry

In the context of guns being freely available a "gun shop" is a shop that sells guns over the counter - to declare otherwise is pointless hair splitting and the fact they sell doll's clothes and beef jerky as well, is irrelevant. I am glad to hear they have stopped but, on my last visit to a Walmart, you could buy hunting rifles at age 18 on production of a driver's licence and handguns at 21 (I went to the counter and had a look - next to the tools, natch!).

Reply to
Bob Mannix

You can imagine whatever fantasist bollocks you like. Discuss them with Dave.

Reply to
Huge

Good.

Reply to
Huge

Why should I discuss them with Dave when you are a master in the genre?...

Reply to
Jerry

"You can imagine whatever fantasist bollocks you like. Discuss them with..."

...Steve Firth - (or one other many other fantasist found on Usenet).

Reply to
Jerry

And?

Reply to
Steve Firth

I suggest that in this context the one aping Mr Dumpty is you. Because you appear to have set yourself up as the arbiter of what the word "unecessary" means according to your perception of what it necessary.

Reply to
Steve Firth

A few years ago, I would have said that if you want to live in the sort of country that you seem to want to live in, then China has an open immigration policy. However even China has now seen that dictating to people what their transport and lifestyle choices should be isn't the way to run a country. Now my advice has to be that you shopuld apply to live in North Korea. It will offer you everything that you want, including enforcement of physical activity upon individuals.

May you enjoy your Paradise.

Reply to
Steve Firth

...and... I was answering the point that Walmart was "not a gun shop", which it clearly was.

I could add that there are few 21 year olds in my home town I would like to see armed with a handgun for good measure but that was not the main point.

Reply to
Bob Mannix

It's no more a gun shop than Asda is a HiFi store. A gun shop is a shop that sells guns and products associated with gunnery as the main form of their business. By your bizarre reckoning Harrods is "a gun shop".

And I would like to see most children taught to shoot, because the discipline and the learned responsibility can go a long way to eliminate the fascination with guns that comes from not experiencing what a gun is and what shooting is. Of course this won't suit the morons who blame the object for the outcome.

Reply to
Steve Firth

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Dave Plowman (News)" saying something like:

You can no longer buy hatpins to stab the driver's leg with when he gets fresh, hence a reduction in hitchhikers.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Huge saying something like:

"Unwelcome here"? Speaking for everybody on the group now, are you?

Here's a rattle, want it back?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

How does she find a parking spot park within 200 yards of the school?

I use the term "park" as a general word as "abandoned across a drive, stuck out in the middle of the road or parked on the school crossing" seems to be the norm outside schools.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth