[OT] Courier service

Maybe someone can help...

Looking for a courier service to send a very small parcel (around 15cm x

15cm x 15cm, less than 100g) to the USA. Value is just under £2000.

The usual suspects - InterParcel, Parcel2Go, etc are over £100 (the insurance takes around £90 of that)

Directly from DHL is around £70.

Any tips for getting a better deal?

TIA.

PS: It is not what you may think - just an item of jewellery for repair...

Reply to
JoeJoe

Cheapest I could see on the parcel comparison sites was about £25 for the delivery plus £78 for insurance to £2K, so I think you're there or thereabouts with the DHL quote ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

That premium makes me suspect they get a lot of theft, and if the idea is to get a treasured item repaired, and not just get compensation, maybe a trip to the US for a few days might be an idea! Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I looked quickly at Transglobal Express

wellery-and-watches/

They quoted £40 for £1000 insurance, but the cheaper services don 't accept jewellery. £70 all in is probably in the region of what you' ll be charged.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

jewellery-and-watches/

sorry, just re-read and see you need £2k.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog