OT: Contacting Amazon about broken item under warranty

As per title: an item I bought last year that is still under warranty has died.

I cannot find anywhere on their website how to contact them about this though.

Only thing relevant that I managed to find is this page:

But no matter what i do the pop up window does not appear.

Any help will be much appreciated!

Reply to
JoeJoe

Where did you find that link? The popup doesn't work for me either. When I go to Amazon and ask for help I have to sign in. I am then presented by a form to fill in for various options, none of which cover your problem. I can't get to your page, or any means of phoning.

Reply to
Dave W

Google... Couldn't find it anywhere on their website.

Same here, hence the question.

Reply to
JoeJoe

In that case, it's probably in Google's memory but is now a defunct non-working page on the Amazon website, with no links to it.

Reply to
Dave W

That link lets me request them to call me, which is what I think I did to make a complaint. I would say that my complaint was handled most reasonably!

Reply to
Michael Chare

The pop up is probably blocked either by the pop up blocker in the browser or an ad blocker. Normally you can add exceptions in these programs and features. However if you use firefox not everybody notices. Which is why I always load navigational sounds into any Firefox I install, then a little blurp noise alerts me a pop up has been blocked.

Having said that though there do seem to be some issues on editable areas on some amazone pages. Ie they do not actually get seen as editable by the browser which makes filling them in a bit dodgy!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

In message , Michael Chare writes

Works for me, too. I was logged in to Amazon already. I'll be using the link later today, as the inkjet cartridge delivered yesterday has left my hand covered in cyan and emerald green ink.

Reply to
Nick

No popup required when I tried it.

Log in first. Then Select 'Help' under 'Let Us Help You' at the bottom of the page.

Select 'Need More Help?' and 'Contact Us'. Select 'An order I placed' and select that order (or any order, if you can't find that one).

Under 'Tell us more about your issue' select 'Other Questions' and then 'Something else'. Press the Phone button. Fill in your details and submit. They call you.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Thanks all - still cannot use the pop-up, but found this that works fine:

0800 496 1081
Reply to
JoeJoe

All you need to do is call up Your Account/Your orders and click on the 'Return or Replace Items' button for the item concerned. I've found it to be most efficient. Even an item that I bought in 2001 (, my first Amazon order, Nero 5.5) has a 'Replace or Return Items' button so this avenue may be of benefit to the OP.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

In message , Peter Johnson writes

Exactly what I did. Very easy process: print labels for inside and out of the package and drop it off at the village post office.

Reply to
Nick

I think I have struggled with this in the past, but when my TV failed recently, the link from the "confirmation of order" email has, somewhere, got a "contact us by phone" link which got through very quickly to a person with all the order details to hand. They sent a backup email with a working link.

The verbal advice was "It's out of warrenty", contact Panasonic; and Panasonic said "contact who is our local service agent". After a bit of a struggle, emailed me with a quote, something like £45 to collect, £60 inspection fee, £120 plus parts if it is repairable with inspection fee refunded.

I concluded that it wasn't economical to repair (5 years old, appliance life 6 years).

So I emailed Amazon. I said I don't think it is actually economical to repair, but if I went down the Panasonic route I would pursue them under SOGA on the basis that it should have lasted 6 years. But rather than us both having to faff around, would they give me a discount on another new one, otherwise I would go to John Lewis for the next one?

By return email, they sent a refund of 20% of the price of the original TV.

So, from my perspective, a very good result with little effort, and full marks to Amazon for customer service. OK I would probably have got the same sort of result from John Lewis, but that's a 50 mile round trip (perhaps twice).

Reply to
newshound