OT: CO2, not all bad then...

The benefits for plant growth of increased CO2 in the atmosphere have long been talked about, but it's now a proven reality

and

Chris Hogg

The extra 'greening' in previously cold 'deserts' decreases the albedo of those areas so that less enrgy is reflected, so not all good, either :-(

Reply to
PeterC

Hmm...OK, so we carry on cutting down the rainforests in order to increase the albedo....but hang on, aren't all those trees good for the climate because they absorb squillions of megatonnes of CO2 every year? Something of a difficult balance!

And your comment assumes, possibly rightly but I don't know, that greening occurs in previously cold 'deserts', as you put it, rather than just more growth in existing green areas. Do you have a link for that?

Reply to
Chris Hogg

The Sahel is getting greener. Not cold deserts. Any deserts.

Plenty of links.

The Natural Philosopher

Yes it was in new scientist, but the other issues aare also made there and its not all good either. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Well nothing except a world wide communist revolution would be good in the New Scientist/Statesman/Economist etc. etc.

One thing magazines targeted at public sector employees will always do, is side with Big Government, More Taxes, and More Public Sector pay and employees.

Climate change, the political movement scare story, is a fantastic excuse for all of the above.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

As Brian mentions, it was in New Scientist. I do agree with TNP about NS: I used to read it at work but gave up on it about 30-odd years ago as it was, even then, the 'scientific' equivalent of the Daily Mail edited to please the 'readers' of the Sun.

Reply to
PeterC

In Nature originally.

I do agree with TNP about NS: I

Readers of the Guardian more like.

Marxism toned down for the 'useful idiots' in academia and those who fancied themselves as being 'educated'..

I.e the sport of people who make up Greenpiss and the Bigotry Broadcast Corporation

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Climate change is not a scare story, it's a religion.

Reply to
Capitol

And what does that make the denial of it?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

A follower of Marx?

Reply to
Capitol

Weatherlawyer

I see little distinction between the two.

JAEN

(Just Another Emotional Narrative).

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Quite the reverse. Marxism too, is JAEN. (*Just another emotional narrative).

Look at Plowclot. He believes because it makes him feel better about himself, in the face of the evidence.

Just like Christianity.

Instead of the Meek, its the Proles that will inherit the earth.

Not that they will know what to do with oit or how to run it, of course.

Goodnight civilisation, as we relapse into barbarism as the simplest way to eliminate stupid people.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

They don?t need to, they never actually get any real say on how its run.

Odd that we have in fact eliminated full world wars instead.

That was a much simpler way of eliminating stupid people.

Reply to
3899jk