OT: Car number plate details

no, but I've heard of a Brumagum Screwdriver - possibly the same animal

Reply to
charles

You won't hear of a Brummagem or a Brummy screwdriver in Birmingham :-)

Reply to
Fredxx

Never heard of it.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Used in particular in the railway industry, as in a faulty locomotive. A faulty wagon would be a "cripple", as in "knock out a cripple" - remove a wagon from a rake - e.g. one with a "hot box" (overheated journal bearing). "Drop off a hot box", although apparently referring to a similar occurrence, extends to other reasons for taking a PNB (private needs break).

Reply to
Kevin

interstingly, I first heard the term when helping equip Pebble Mill.

Reply to
charles

From outsiders no doubt?

Reply to
Fredxx

I'd say you need treatment for paranoia.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News