OT Can anyone guess what the van did this morning?

In India a gang of coolies would mop it up with rags and squeeze them out into a jerry can for re-use. Saw an example on Top Gear India trip.

Reply to
Andrew

Has the bloke who tried to puncture your tyres drilled a hole in the tank ?.

Reply to
Andrew

As a kid, we were in France in 1966 during the world cup and at a filling station the attendant was so engrossed in conversation with Dad that he failed to notice that the tank was full and what seemed like a river of petrol was flowing across the concrete apron onto the road.

Not sure how they decided how much the tank took before it was full.

Reply to
Andrew

They do employ women for breakdown services too so Adam might have got lucky.

Reply to
Robin

No. Just tell him about SI units.

Reply to
ARW

don't get it,

the is no capital M as a unit type (only as a prefix)

or are you thinking it means Miles?

Reply to
tim...

Their text should have said 2m

Reply to
ARW

and why not

100 quid's worth of diesel is more than a day's wage
Reply to
tim...

that will be a few motorcyclists on the deck then ....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

shirley knott

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

I know

but it's bleeding obvious what they meant, as there's no reasonable alternative meaning for the mistaken capital

Reply to
tim...

Yup, that was the point

Reply to
tim...

Possibly, Adam was upset at the time?

Reply to
GB

In compressed air systems, you can use air fuses, which are devices that cut off the supply if the rate of use exceeds a set level. That would seem to be a more useful thing to have than a warning.

Reply to
nightjar

And poor old Sabine is no more... :-(

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

That is what brought to mind her driving a Transit round the 'ring. (Mind you, her famous performance in doing so may be why they gave Adam a Fiat.)

Reply to
Robin

I'm not sure I agree given the prospect of it operating to cut off the fuel while overtaking on a busy road. I thought there was a principle of leaving the driver to decide unless there was no reasonable doubt about the proper course of action, but I may be thinking of a different context (airliners? nuclear power stations?)

Reply to
Robin

It wouldn't be difficult to set the cut-off point at a higher rate than the engine is ever likely to use. Air fuses typically operate at about twice the maximum working rate.

Reply to
nightjar