OT BT broadband

Had a problem with BT broadband.

The first question was

'Is this the number that you are having a problem with?'

Followed by

'Are you able to make and receive calls on this number?

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

The second question is not quite as daft as it sounds. We live in a rural village and BT OpenReach have been camped out here now for three weeks trying to sort out the mess of ancient wiring and ADSL installs.

At present amongst my friends in the village there are people with various combinations of :

No dialtone or ringing but works OK for incoming calls if you are psychic and pick up the phone at the right time.

Vague faint tinkle instead of ringing.

Nothing at all.

Noise levels that sound like you are on a seashore in a storm.

No ADSL sync or intermittent service.

Oh and the incessant ping ping ping of the BT line signal tracer on everything which plays hell with my broadband throughput.

Reply to
Martin Brown

I had something similarly crazy - they asked me to call on the affected line. Which was a dedicated SDSL line without any voice capability.

Reply to
polygonum

"Please report any loss of Internet connectivity on our website"

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Not completely as daft as it sounds. I can use my mobile phone to do just that.

Ah yes, the good old if I get there first I'll rub out the chalk mark issue.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Not everyone has a mobile capable of such things you know.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Of course calling them to tell them your BB isn't working comes after the homehub thing has told you that you should look up the advice on their web site..... Our BT BB has gone down so many times they gave us a number to text to save all the other stages. Really must look at the alternatives though I suspect they all work off the same infrastructure.

Reply to
GMM

Agreed, but I was offering it as an example of a way around the problem.