OT Bridge building machine in action

That is impressive.

Reply to
Richard

Not sure what H&S they are working to - the army of workers don't seem to be clipped on, or have much by way of edge protection.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

The DOG looks Korean to me, as does the clothing logo.

Reply to
Davey

That looks like the one I saw under construction between Huangshan and Taizhou when I was out there in June. In fact the background scenery looks very much the same. I took a 3 hour journey from Hangzhou to Yiwu on a similar recently built line. Very smooth and extremely fast.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

China is not noted for worrying too much about H&S.

Nightjar

Fascinating. I liked this compilation from the side menu; made me chuckle!

Chris Hogg

That'll be a walk in the park, this is the real thing:

Dave Liquorice

Certainly neat, wonder how long it took. How many sections do they get down in a day?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Shit a brick! Actually, shit a whole house-worth of bricks!

How many years before the planks rot or the steel pins or chains rust through? I wonder if they ever get inspected.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

I wonder if the machine was designed and constructed solely for this bridge?

Reply to
Huge

I take it back:

Good to see that they still use 4' 8 1/2" gauge.

Reply to
Davey

They break when really rotten, but being able to dry fairly well probably last a long time.

They are quite substantial and again not constantly damp.

Well the guides who earn their living from it will probably keep an eye on it and repair replace as required. IIRC these plank walkways were orginally the main access ways to and from villages, they probably still are.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Yes noticed that too still if its where I think it is they don't bother much with that sort of thing, lose one plenty more;(....

Reply to
tony sayer

Mind you this well known Bolton gent never came to any harm:)

tony sayer