back in action

Wow, it's been like years since I was part of this group. My provider didn't allow subscriptions to groups, and I was surprised to come across this group on google. I'm back, yay!

Not a lot has changed in terms of orchids for me - still addicted. I moved, and started a new collection with mainly phal species. I left my old hybrids with my parents, partly because I couldn't move them, but partly because they were mostly aneuploid. The 2N species, I took with me when I moved. So slowly, I'm building things up again.

Cheers, Xi

Reply to
Xi

Thanks! I remember almost everyone here. Some new faces though. Oh my most exciting news is that I just acquired some nice blue phal seedlings from Orchidview. Phal. violacae 'rachel's blue eyes x gulfstream blue'! It'll be a couple of years at least before they flower, but I hear that the rate of "blue" flowers is near 100%. Anyone else here hopping on with the blue phalaenopsis trend?

Xi

Reply to
Xi

Hi Diana,

Really? Well a few years ago, they were quite quite rare, but a lot of breakthroughs have been made in the last little while. "True" blues are still unavailable, because the pigment just doesn't exist in phals, must like true black phals will never be - just really really dark plum. However, for some pretty close to blue phals, check out

Xi

Reply to
Xi

Beautiful. Krull Smith had Phal. violacea 'Krull's Navy Blue' in flask a couple of years back. It was going to be a beauty, and I need to recontact them.

Diana

Reply to
Diana Kulaga

i got one at the WOC which purports to be blue; will have to see, if it blooms, and doesn't die first.

--j_a

Reply to
jankey

The eternal optimist, eh?