Or a Jag.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

:

te:

Then just google the genre you like.

-- =

When I was in the pub I heard a couple of plonkas saying that they would= n't feel safe on an aircraft if they knew the pilot was a woman. What a = pair of sexists. I mean, it's not as if she'd have to reverse the bloody= thing!

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Trouble is that you can't do that until after you have heard it and decided that you would like to hear more of that.

Reply to
879

te:

rote:

There aren't that many genres. Most people have already heard all genre= s.

-- =

How many potheads does it take to change a light bulb? Two. One to hold the bulb against the socket, and the other to smoke up= until the room starts spinning.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

We aren't talking about genres.

Reply to
879

Or major ones, a number of years ago I got stuck on the A1 somewhere around Leeming/Dishforth for 3 hours late evening. The RDS TA was enabled, was there a TA about it naw...

Also most of the "traffic" information on local radio during the evening rush only tells you that the places that always jam up are jamed up.

Or if they have real information "George St in Amityville is closed due to a burst water main". You are going to Amityville but don't know the place at all. WTF is George St in Amityville? Is it close to your destination, part of the route or the other side of town?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Yup, though I have been saved a couple of times.

But googlemaps on my phone is more useful for that now

I like the info signs on Motorways etc. which tell you that there is a problem between some junctions. Some clue as to where those junctions are for are would be useful.

Reply to
Chris French
[103 lines snipped]

Please get your delete key fixed.

Reply to
Huge

rote:

Yes we are. Throat singing is a genre.

-- =

You have reached the CPX-2000 Voice Blackmail System. Your voice patter= ns are now being digitally encoded and stored for later use. Once this = is done, our computers will be able to use the sound of YOUR voice for l= iterally thousands of illegal and immoral purposes. There is no charge = for this initial consultation. However our staff of professional extort= ionists will contact you in the near future to further explain the benef= its of our service, and to arrange for your schedule of payment. Rememb= er to speak clearly at the sound of the tone. Thank you.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

In message , Dave Liquorice writes

Or the opposite (unless you know how to decode the message). Radio Solent are rather good at telling me that the M3 south of Winchester is running as usual. I now know that well enough to understand that it means that if you're lucky, you'll be able to 20 MPH.

The "best" one I heard on local radio was :

"There's a broken down you know what, you know where".

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian

I never did.

But the other stuff I came across like Glass which I decided I wanted to hear more of isnt.

Reply to
879
[126 lines snipped] 1 > I never did. 2 > 3 >> Throat singing is a genre. 4 > 5 > But the other stuff I came across like Glass 6 > which I decided I wanted to hear more of isnt. 7 > 8 > 9 >

That's you off to the tard farm, then.

Reply to
Huge

in

Nobody else like them?

-- =

An archaeologist is the best husband a woman can have. The older she ge= ts the more interested in her he is.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

That isnt a genre that you can find by trying the genres to see if there is anything you like.

Neither is Ravel's Bolero either.

Reply to
879

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Touch wood, the last 3 journeys I have made that way (from Midlands) have been in almost perfect time. 150 minutes to go 140 miles ...

Reply to
Jethro_uk