OT(?) Brain dead car manufacturers

I disagree about the most toys wins.

And yes the Mini does need a new rear sub frame - it only seems like yesterday that it had a new one fitted.....

Which would you rather drive - a Mini (a proper one - not a BMW) or a brand new Hyundai i10 (with all it's toys)?

Reply to
ARW

In message , ARW writes

To be honest, so do I, but for a certain part of the population, I think it holds true, and they are the ones that would rather have a bluetooth enabled expresso machine in the car than their indicators.

Is anything made to last these days ?

I haven't a clue what a Hyundai i10 is (and I can't be bothered to look it up). However if I said that I drive a 5 year old Volvo but miss my

1969 Land Rover would that give you a clue as to a likely answer ?

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian

Yes, most obviously with the stainless steel kitchen stuff that leaves the older tinplate crap for dead lasting wise.

Reply to
jack

They had those on my school bus, the tape version. It required kicking = to make it go.

-- =

Next time you wave at me, use more than one finger please.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Radio is a pointless invention. The chances of them playing music you w= ant to listen to are very remote. What's wrong with a cassette/CD/mp3?

-- =

Rescuers in Pakistan today reported rescuing a man from the rubble. They became aware when they heard a faint voice saying "we're still open= ".

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Put the stereo on full with all the doors and windows shut. If the view in your rear-view mirror is completely out of focus and unusable, it's loud enough. I got that with three 14 inch subs and two 6000W amps.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Or if you drive certain BMWs and Volvos, it simply means the ignition is= on. FFS sidelights are meant to be WHITE! I love pulling out in front= of them then yelling "you were turning left!"

-- =

I am sorry I offended you - I should have lied.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

I once used my Range Rover key to get into and start someone else's Rang= e Rover parked just in front of mine. I then spotted someone else's glo= ves on the dashboard, looked in the rear-view mirror and saw mine, then = got out rather quickly.

-- =

Do not adjust your mind - the fault is with reality.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

I see your point but radio is not a giant jukebox playing what you want to hear. Radio helps you discover music and reminds you of music you liked but forgot about.

Reply to
pamela

Also radio is invaluable for telling you about an incident on the roads you should have avoided five minutes earlier :)

At least you can listen to music while you wait.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

And automatic reverse/parallel parking, all round cameras (with super imposed lines showing the space the car will occupy with current steering angle). Then add in adpative cruise (keeps you x yards behind a slower car car infront(*), collison advoidance (applies brakes if it thinks you are going to hit something), lane change warning, speed limit sign recognition and there isn't much for the "driver" to do.

If I didn't have to make long motorway journies, (up to 3 hours), work for 9 hours then drive back the Mini.

In place of the Mini I'd rather have a Series 2 SWB Land Rover, preferably from 1960.

(*) Until the slower car in front pulls out into lane two to overtake a heavy. "Adaptive cruise" looses track of slower car, sees empty lane ahead or the heavy much further away and accelarates back up to the set cruise speed, catching up and even undertaking the lead slower car if its driver isn't paying much attention.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Not worth hearing DJs waffle and 90% shit music to hear the odd good one= . If I want to find new music, I just look at charts online.

-- =

Peter is listening to "Aerosmith - Living on the edge"

Reply to
Mr Macaw

My satnav does that without me having to listen to it.

-- =

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - US Marines

Reply to
Mr Macaw

I have never heard a traffic broadcast of any use to me. When I lived in London I used to hear traffic bulletins about places near to where I was driving but from what I could see on the road the bulletins seemed to exaggerate a minor problem.

I was left thinking that there must be similar minor traffic problems up and down the whole country but which never got broadcast.

Reply to
pamela

I'm probably not as up to date about what's happening in music as you are. It may be sad but I need the programme producer to choose music for me rather than go digging it out for myself.

I mean, where would I start. I was slowly working my way through Adele's first two albums and now she's gone and released another one. I can't keep up!

Reply to
pamela

I can guess.

I miss my MKII Escort - and I miss RWD.

Reply to
ARW
[snippage]

So buy a BMW.

Reply to
Huge

:

I'm not up to date at all either. That's why I just look at the top 50 = on a website, then listen to the artists on youtube so I can decide whic= h I like.

-- =

There are two sides to every divorce: Yours and the stupid idiot's.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

I bought a =A315 radio receiver for my satnav, it listens to all the rep= orts on all the radio stations, and if there are any on my route it info= rms me and finds a quicker way if possible. But I don't have to listen t= o the radio.

-- =

Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change ready.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

That only works if the music you like ever shows up in the top 50. The music I like never does. And that approach never turns up some of the most unusual stuff that some find very interesting indeed like some of the 'throat singing' etc.

879