OT: Bombardier

To be honest I think most politicians are duplicitous bastards or get turned into one after high ideals have been knocked out of them by colleagues whether they are in Westminster, Brussels or Washington.

We at least have the ability to vote on the Buggers in Westminster and had some say in which bastards to represent us in the EU. We have no say with Washington despite some people still believing in a special relationship which if it ever really existed outside of our armed forces happening to be shooting at the same targets for a while never really applied to commercial business unless it favoured the US interests first.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Quite. The idea that leaving the EU with all its problems and finding some white knight country or countries to set up deals with is preposterous. Every country worth trading with will be out to get the very best deal for themselves. In the same way as we will. Meaning any negotiations will take many many years.

And don't forget most countries already have deals with others. Which will have an effect on any we try to make with them. In exactly the same way as individual countries in the EU can't do individual deals.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

um no I didn't

tim

Reply to
tim...

In article , "Dave Plowman (News)" writes

Your usual rubbish about trade deals.

Reply to
bert