OT BA cockup

I have seen reports that the BA site was misbehaving on the Friday before catastrophe Saturday. Anyway, their database is still cocked up as the email telling us to check in last Sunday did not appear and the airport check in guy was pushing buttons as much in hope as expectation. Also BA have now cost reduced their in flight meals past the point of just being inedible. They are now the worst I have ever experienced. The aircraft seats have now been improved by redesigning the back so that the arm rest cannot be moved up other than to a 45 degree angle thus making it impossible to exit the middle seat of the row. Progress? Looks like I need a new airline.

Reply to
Capitol

You mean that some airlines actually serve food that is edible and appetising? BA, Virgin, Lufthansa and the Finnish airline all serve food that is utterly repulsive. I assumed it was because of the constraints of serving lots of passengers with vacuum-packed microwaved food at high latitude in the shortest possible time.

I'd got used to rubbery tasteless meat, rock-hard vegetables and cat's-vomit desserts. I didn't know any different.

Reply to
NY

For a few flights in the region of 3=6 years ago, BA actually had edible food on the long haul route to the US. from about 2 years ago, this changed. We now eat at the airport, even with rip off prices, as it is so much more enjoyable.

Reply to
Capitol

On our most recent longhaul flights breakfast on the way out was a packet of three biscuits and some tea or coffee. On the way back it was a Soreen bar the size of a Mars bar.

That, along with cancelled flights, booking cockups and a Customer Service operation that works solely for BA, means we won't be flying BA again.

Other airlines are available.