OT: Asda Nets All Netto UK Stores In GBP778m Deal

ASDA has bought the UK Netto chain. All Netto stores will be converted into ASDA outlets by mid-2011:

posted the story because Netto sometimes has the odd bargain of interest to DIYers. Apologies to those who consider it too off-topic.

Reply to
Bruce

Not to mention at least a week out of date!

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

I hear that Woolworths may be having financial difficulties.

And shares in south sea bubbles may go down as well as up.

Couold a carriage be made to run without horses using phlogiston?

[g]
Reply to
george [dicegeorge]

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "george [dicegeorge]" saying something like:

I dunno. Deprive the horses of phlogiston for a day and see how they fare.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon