OT April Fool?

Or this:

sm_jamieson

In article , harryagain writes

Made me smile. The video kind of gives it away though :-)

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

In article , sm_jamieson writes

Or this:

Mike Tomlinson

And this:

Reply to
Roland Perry

The Reg has been busy:

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos

That's a re-hash of a very old April Fool. IIRC an earlier version said it was the Irish who were going to change, and that there would be a two-week transition period for adjustment, in which cars would drive on the right but heavy goods vehicles would still drive on the left, only switching to driving on the right at the end of the two week period.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Apparently that was a real idea, try this instead:

Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

That's a re-hash of a very old April Fool. IIRC an earlier version

That reminds me of a set of road works that actually were on the M6..

they went down to two lanes and then to one lane and hard shoulder.. the signs banned HGVs from the hard shoulder resulting in them continuing on in lane one and all the cars trying to get in from lane 2.

That wasn't an april fools joke they really were that stupid,

Reply to
dennis

A bit late, Labour have already tried that scare story.

?I would feel really genuinely sad if Scotland votes for independence, not just for our own self-interest and in the extra difficulty we would face getting a Labour government in England but I also don?t want to drive up the M6 and get my passport out or have to drive on the right when I want to drive on the left.?

mcp

but the logic was that the hard shoulder was not built to take the running load of HGVs. It just wasn't thought out properly.

Reply to
charles

The logic was that they were going to kill someone. These days the hard shoulder is strong enough to take HGVs.

Reply to
dennis

These days the hard shoulder is all too often a "managed motorway" lane.

Reply to
polygonum