OT: Apollo guidance computer

Na, just me being obtuse (although also factual)

Reply to
John Rumm

There would have been a whoosh if they had hit the abort switch.

Reply to
Graham.

Great links, thanks! I like the idea of the guy buying two tons of misc junk and working out that it contained an early prototype of this AGC hardware. Very DIY!

Reply to
mechanic

No one can hear a whoosh in space.

Reply to
whisky-dave

And Neil had to stick his biro in the whoosh swish after Aldrin snapped it off while exitting the LEM.

Reply to
Andrew

How long after the mission was that detail revealed?

Reply to
Pamela