OT Anyone else have anything to remember the last 12 months with

It's a day to the year since the hotel served breakfast in polystyrene containers outside the room door with a note that the hotel was closed after breakfast.

Reply to
ARW

Shirley Knott ......

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

You should have stayed in your room to see how long it took them to notice.

Reply to
Andrew

In gaol you get it in a plastic bag the night before with UHT milk.

Reply to
Max Demian

A few days before that we spend a night in a hotel at Gatwick, having checked our luggage in.

In the morning we went to the lounge (having treated ourselves) and thought to look at our email.

Holiday cancelled.

We had to get our car out of the long term parking, and our cases off the 'plane.

Amdu

Reply to
Vir Campestris

The glasses I bought for work have never been worn for work

Owain

Reply to
Owain Lastname

Working in prisons over the last 12 months have created some of the strongest memories I will ever have. Both good and bad memories.

Probably more so than the hospitals I have worked in.

Reply to
ARW

I'd agree with that.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

I decided to retire, when lockdown started. It just seemed sensible at the time.

But, despite very little happening during the last year, the time seems to have flown by, with nothing very memorable.

I'm not at all sure that retirement has been good for me. I think people need work, or at least focussed activity, and I've been fairly aimless over the last year. You'd think that, with all that time on my hands, I'd write a book. Or something. But, alas, no. Nada. Nothing to show for a year of my life.

Reply to
GB