OT: Any good at maths?

I was in my grammar school's A stream and we did O-level maths in the January of the fourth year and Additional Maths with other subjects the following June [then skipped the fifth form and went straight into the sixth]. I hated the school (and it me) but Mr Steffens was one awesomely good maths teacher.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

When I did structural engineering as part of my building surveying degree, the lecturer told that the exam would require answering five questions from seven and there would be four and a half numeric questions and two and a half essay ones [i.e. one half and half]. "We do this to stop the clever buggers among you getting 100% and so those of you who can't add up 2+2 can still pass on the essay questions if you do a good job"

Reply to
Tony Bryer

When I did my O grades they were separate subjects.

'A' pass O grade Arithmetic 'A' pass O grade Mathematics

Reply to
soup

For give me for asking, but what year was that in?

Reply to
Fredxxx

Farthings and groats were gone long before I was born - but I knew what they were by the time I was of university age.

Reply to
polygonum