OT: Any good at maths?

Just multiply the numbers 4 x 2 x 3 x 30 = 720

It doesn't matter that only 2 segments have people in at once. 2 go in each 1/3 of a rotation, so 2 x 3 have gone through each time it rotates once.

Reply to
Tim Streater

While discounting the extra climbs of those who climb it more than once each.

Reply to
John Williamson

On Tuesday 03 December 2013 18:16 Robin wrote in uk.d-i-y:

It's explained in the question!

Reply to
Tim Watts

Like you I have little direct knowledge of current education standards - all I have to go on are the annual examination results which, we have been told for at least the last 20 years show that education standards have been improving year by year.......

(No, from my experience of individuals coming out of the education system, I don't believe it either)

Reply to
news

Like you I have little direct knowledge of current education standards - all I have to go on are the annual examination results which, we have been told for at least the last 20 years show that education standards have been improving year by year.......

(No, from my experience of individuals coming out of the education system, I don't believe it either)

Reply to
news

Polar bears aren't white all the time. There are two pairs of poles so do either of them have all the walls facing south? As there is no sun for a large part of the year what does exposure actually mean? Why is there only one answer? The bear was purple and being carried by an elf.

Reply to
dennis

But it does say Mount Fuji is in Japan.

Nobody breaks the rules in Japan.

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

Eh? wha', er, Ahhhhh... The only one I got wrong.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Aye, I thought this was supposed to be a maths test not English Comprehension. Had to read some of them twice to work out what the maths question was.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

On Tuesday 03 December 2013 18:38 news wrote in uk.d-i-y:

The top end of the system seems reasonable - ie if your kids have enough nous and the (state) school is willing to give them the higher end work (yes, they do have a scale of hardness - it's not one-size-fits-all).

But I despair of the uttery dire standards beheld by journalists - who traditionally all had a good education and, for the high end media (broadsheets, television and radio) would have held a degree in something relevance such as English, a foreign language, history or economics.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Southern exposure = facing south, which means it was at the North Pole, which it would have to be as Polar Bears are found in the Artic.

Reply to
djc

As someone who worked on the original Queen video I think this is bloody brilliant!

TOJ.

Reply to
The Other John

As someone who worked on the original Queen video I think this is bloody brilliant!

TOJ.

Reply to
The Other John

As someone who worked on the original Queen video I think this is bloody brilliant!

TOJ.

Reply to
The Other John

You are Sheldon Cooper from the Big Bang Theory and I claim my £5

Reply to
alan

???

re-read your own post then! dozy git!

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Erm, the statement that 200,000 climb it during that time does not affect the time the average is calculated over.

If I said "we monitored the factory for six months and 200,000 units were made DURING THAT TIME" this would not be the same as is made in a year.

Reply to
soup

It would be if the factory was closed for the other six months.

Reply to
Adrian

It's not maths, it's sums.

Reply to