Ot And nuclear power was supposed to be cheap!

Hasn't cost you a penny, Harry.

Reply to
newshound

Not as expensive as windmills or solar power.

Reply to
Fredxx

Reply to
Paul Welsh

Yes what are they going to do now. I heard it over the weekend. Mind you Tosh has been in trouble ever since it got involved with General Electric and stopped doing good consumer goods. Hitachi seem to be going if not gone down a similar route of diversification into stuff they know nothing about. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Splitting up their tools divisions, in europe Hitachi tools have been sold off as HiKoki, and in the states rebranded as Metabo HPT.

Reply to
Andy Burns

With renewables or with nuclear?

Nuclear: your starter for 10.

The Natural Philosopher

It can be solved by East-West electrical power transmission lines.

When you think the wind stops, it hasn't, it has just moved on. Also by energy demand management.

ie "Smart Meters"

Reply to
harry

All this nuclear power failing for the reasons I predicted but the brain de ad here can't comprehend.

Reply to
harry

What is a "near fact"? Something is a fact or it isn't.

Reply to
harry

Oh? Another that never considers the future.

Reply to
harry

Is that so? Your usual ignorance.

harry

What? It hasn't cost you anything. Whereas *your* solar panels are costing me.

Reply to
newshound

And the brand name sold off to rebrand no-name (Vestel) TVs sold by Argos, Amazon etc.

Reply to
alan_m

Then more reason to removed the ridiculous subsidies associated with green power. Let the market determine feasibility.

Reply to
Fredxx

Nuclear power has been subsidised for years shit-fer-brains.

Reply to
harry

Wonderful pieces of propaganda.

All written by organisations with an agneda.

Harry does suck it all up.

Yes indeedy. No more renewable subsidies. Let the market decide.

And if operators need to organise balancing for reneables , then let them offer less for the renewable nergy .

Intermittent generation isn't worth a cent really.

I bet thsoe studies are not holistic and are comparuing apples and oranges.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In what way is Hinckley C being subsidised ?

Reply to
Tim Streater

The price they are guaranteed for the electricity they generate eventually.

Reply to
87213

Ah. The price thatr is half what is guaranteed for windfarmns and one third what is guaranteed for solar power?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher