OT: An electricity map for the environmentally challenged

Adrian Caspersz

Certainly its for the envirronmentally challenged who actually believe CO2 is an environmental issue

One notes more than half the map contains no information at all

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Even if you don't care so much about the green-ness, the connector flows look interesting ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

There's an impressive amount of data behind that thing ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

When did Germany bring its nuclear generation back online?

Reply to
Fredxx

It never took it off line

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

it never took it all off

Reply to
Andy Burns

They never all went offline apparently.

Tim+

They've cut it back by about half since the mindless panic over Fukushima, but are having to revive old coal-fired and worse, lignite-fired plants to compensate, as it's becoming increasingly clear that renewables can't cope (no surprise there, then).

Chris Hogg

I think "Mr Energiewende" has quit after they finally agreed a new coalition, so watch this space?

Reply to
Andy Burns

The renewable bollocks rolls on to keep the snoflakes onside despite the fact that it doesnt actually work at reducing emissions.

I've watched ten years of absurd attempts to make it work that anyone with a knowledge of engineering who did a days research could have told them wouldn't.

I dont have a huge issue with the government being run by mindless incompetents here and especially in Brussels, but when they commit blunders on this scale one really has to ask...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

on 21/04/2018, The Natural Philosopher supposed :

If it were not so expensive a mistake, it would be laughable..

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

The problem is they dont pay. We do.

It's just like Lysenkoism.

The government decrees, the people starve.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

No point me looking without sight, do they have a text version? :-) Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff