OT: An electricity map for the environmentally challenged

https://www.electricitymap.org
--
Adrian C

On 21/04/18 09:50, Adrian Caspersz wrote:

Certainly its for the envirronmentally challenged who actually believe CO2 is an environmental issue
One notes more than half the map contains no information at all
No point me looking without sight, do they have a text version? :-) Brian
--
----- -
Adrian Caspersz wrote:

Even if you don't care so much about the green-ness, the connector flows look interesting ...
Adrian Caspersz wrote:

There's an impressive amount of data behind that thing ...
On 21/04/2018 09:50, Adrian Caspersz wrote:

When did Germany bring its nuclear generation back online?
On 21/04/18 10:33, Fredxx wrote:

It never took it off line
Fredxx wrote:

it never took it all off

They never all went offline apparently.
https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-germany-nuclear/german-government-wants-nuclear-exit-by-2022-at-latest-idUKTRE74Q2P120110530
--
Please don't feed the trolls

They've cut it back by about half since the mindless panic over Fukushima, but are having to revive old coal-fired and worse, lignite-fired plants to compensate, as it's becoming increasingly clear that renewables can't cope (no surprise there, then).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_power_in_Germany
http://euanmearns.com/germanys-energiewende-predicament/
http://euanmearns.com/germany-energiewende-kaput/
--

Chris

Chris Hogg wrote:

I think "Mr Energiewende" has quit after they finally agreed a new coalition, so watch this space?
On 21/04/18 11:24, Andy Burns wrote:

The renewable bollocks rolls on to keep the snoflakes onside despite the fact that it doesnt actually work at reducing emissions.
I've watched ten years of absurd attempts to make it work that anyone with a knowledge of engineering who did a days research could have told them wouldn't.
I dont have a huge issue with the government being run by mindless incompetents here and especially in Brussels, but when they commit blunders on this scale one really has to ask...
too dark to read.
on 21/04/2018, The Natural Philosopher supposed :

If it were not so expensive a mistake, it would be laughable..
On 21/04/18 11:44, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

The problem is they dont pay. We do.
It's just like Lysenkoism.
The government decrees, the people starve.
kind word alone.