OT: Kitchen sound system.

For years, we had a car radio/CD player mounted under a high level cupboard powered from a mains PSU and using a couple of speakers on top of the cupboards. This worked well, but the kitchen has now changed.

The kitchen has a lot of hard surfaces, and is never going to be a hi-fi listening room, but we'd like a CD player and radio, mono is fine. No problem there, but remote battery powered speakers would be good so we can move them around to where we need the sound - especially useful with extractors running.

So I was thinking a fixed CD/radio with remote Bluetooth speakers, but none of the CD/radio units I can find incorporate a Bluetooth transmitter, although many of them will receive from a 'phone or whatever. I know I could buy a Bluetooth transmitter to plug into the headphone socket, but that's one more thing to charge.

Does something exist which will do what I want, ie fixed CD/radio with remote wireless speakers?

Cheers

Reply to
Clive Arthur

It may not be practical in your situation, but I was irritated at the constant unplugging of the microwave to supply a CD.

I solved the problem with two ceiling mounted speakers from Ebay, a small amp and 12V smps. Having gone that far, the next step was a Ferguson Ariva Satellite/ Terrestrial combi reciever.

The Amp, PSU and Ariva were placed in a cupboard with a small HD tv fixed to the door.

Overkill possibly, but the system will never, ever need an upgrade and although it does not play CD,s, a USB stick in the Ariva provides recorded audio.

The audio quality is good, helped no doubt by the speaker separation and clear audio path.

The cost was around £300-00 for everything, although the TV signal and LNB output were already routed into the loft.

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

Decent speakers are always power hungry. Far more so than the radio part of the installation.

Ceiling speakers can be very good in something like a kitchen. Of course they'd need wiring in.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)