Radio Controlled Car for under house inspection?

I found a R/C car with camera at a garage sale. Missing the controller, so went looking. There are dozens of R/C cars/tanks with cameras for under $100. The camera resolution is missing from the specs. One claimed high resolution at 320x240. Some control/view from your iphone.

Anybody tried to throw one down into the crawlspace and use it to check for plumbing leaks, bugs, etc?

Reply to
mike

taxed and spent

Why not..... Sounds like a good idea.

I've heard of kids using them to look under ladies dresses! (Not recommended for adults) :)

Reply to
Jerry.Tan

Per taxed and spent:

First thing that came to mind when I watched the vid was retrieval when it gets stuck.

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

I'm still trying to mount a pc camera on top of a long pole to see what exactly the clog is in my gutter and figure out how to remove it. (Heavy water spray moves it but doesn't make it overflow out.)

I've got everything working but the camera is spherical and I can't point it right.

Reply to
micky

For the gutters at my Mom's house, a friend loaned me electric leaf blower. Did okay. But my electric pressure washer did a nice job to blast the leaves out. Straight stream works best. Range is only about 6 to 8 feet, so I have to move the ladder several times.

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon