OT All now gone

Took me two weeks with a lots of help to wire up these Covid sleeping quarters.

Ripped out in two days

Reply to
ARW

Two weeks vs two days? Seems like you need to work on your performance. ;)

Reply to
Richard

I believe the ladies are now getting permanent individual sleeping quarters built on that site and will no longer have to sleep in dormitories or a bunkarbin.

Reply to
ARW

Many of us see live to see our work discarded/destroyed/ignored - but not usually within 2 years.

I'm also sad to think of all the fittings and accessories which went to waste.

Reply to
Robin

Wasn?t there at least one University which installed something similar a few years ago to accommodate first year students?

I recall suggesting that something similar should be installed in the old Battersea power station shell to accommodate all MPs who require a London home. A central, simple, canteen serving basic meals - breakfast, lunch, dinner. No bar. It would prevent their fiddly expenses etc.

Coaches / shuttle buses or Boris bikes could be made available to ferry them to the HoC. Central office facilities to reduce the cost of office staff etc.

No alcohol allowed, segregated to prevent ?liaisons? and strict lights out rules ;-)

Reply to
Brian

Though some would doubtless stay at their clubs. That way, no need to live worse than in a boot camp - and besides, freemasons might not want to become MPs if the facilities were poorer than those they had grown used to.

Reply to
Spike

Meow!

Reply to