who?

..........awaiting bible being rewritten where jesus is black and called leroy

seems they feel entitled to a slice of every cake they fancy.......and they get given it without ever earning it or without merit

nothing will ever be free of them, increasingly and disproportionately shoved in your face everywhere you turn

and what sums them up is they feel no shame or embarrassment about only being a quota

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

good reason to hide behind the couch now .....

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

It was bad enough with that scottish bloke from my old school ....

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

I don't think he was called Leroy, but a Bible with a black Jesus was published at least 30 years ago. Given that he was an Galilean Jew, that is probably no more inaccurate than his portrayal as white.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

There was a white guy having a smoke, out in front of the computer store yesterday, and he had the car windows rolled down (while standing next to the car), and he was playing the theme from Doctor Who on the speakers.

What a small world.

I don't follow entertainment news, so it didn't particularly make sense at the time.

I like how people who have jobs, are making the news :-) Another person not on the dole. With the female car mechanics. Positive uplifting stories, of tax paying etc.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

I'm no expert, but I don't think his name was actually Jesus.

Reply to
GB

Have you thought of taking your meds?

Reply to
GB

Jesus translates to something like The Lord is Salvation, so probably not.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

Indeed, "Harold be thy name". And of course, that's the 'H' in 'Jesus H Christ'.

Reply to
Clive Arthur

I could never understand why he was given a Spanish name.

Reply to
Custos Custodum

GB used his keyboard to write :

Maybe taken too many of the wrong sort.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

Tne first line of which :- Our Father, who farts in heaven,

Reply to
whisky-dave

According to the book of Matthew, the angel told Mary 'Thou shalt call his name Emanuel', so how did he get the name Jesus?

Reply to
The Other John

No you misheard, his name was Wishart as in Our father Wishart, in heaven.

Reply to
bert

"Hello be thy name", Shirley.

Reply to
Tim Streater

"Harold" is a more understandable mistake/mis-hearing because it is actually a name.

Reminds me of this "Lord's Prayer" that was circulating at school in the mid

70s when Harold Wilson was PM...

The British Prayer

Our father, which art in Downing Street, Harold be thy name. United Kingdom gone, We shall be done, On earth and probably in Heaven. Give us this day our dearer bread, And forgive us our devaluation, As we forgive them that speculate against us. Lead us not into the Common Market, But deliver us to the Unions, For this is the kingdom: No power, no Tory, For ever and ever, Wedgy Benn.

Reply to
NY

And the christmas message: "And there shall come a great profit, throughout the land"

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The bugger didn't like Emanuel.

Reply to
Jock

Well I went through both as a 5-year old. "Hallo" first and then Harold.

Reply to
Tim Streater

According to Tom Lehrer, "Hark the Herald Tribune sings, advertising wondrous things." Peter

Reply to
Peter James