OT Aldi

Be honest, you really want one of those compliant Amish wives ;-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

She should use small independent shops, butchers, fishmongers, etc.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Which is exactly as it should be. 6.8 *billion* bags were used in

2010! Anyone using a "free" carrier bag should be read the riot act, in my view. Get a "bag for life", then you'll know it's disposed of properly when the time comes. Or get a hessian bag.

MM

Reply to
MM

Steve Firth wrote in news:707985621365723734.667003%steve%- snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september .org:

The Strawberry Crunch cereal is my absolute favourite.

I couldn't shop for everything at Aldi / Lidl but always go about once a fornight to get some items that are either excellent value - or known to be a good taste. Potato Wedges, Red Wine. (Not cheese or bread). Always good to see the everchanging range of hardware / DIY stuff.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Mrs Pounder sez she is spending too much money feeding me and is going to Aldi tomorrow. She usually feeds me from Asda or Tesco etc.... Is Aldi food s**te or is it okay?

It varies, some of it is perfectly acceptable, and some of it is rubbish that you wont buy again.

tim

Reply to
tim.....

Reply to
ARWadsworth

wrong religion :-(

tim

Reply to
tim.....

But are useless for lining your under-sink rubbish bin. I hate waste plastic as much as the next man but as we have to store rubbish for up to two weeks in our wheely bin, I'm not putting it in there unbagged so supermarket carrier bags aren't entirely wasted.

How many people are using reusable shopping bags but buying more bin bags?

Tim

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

I keep a trickle of supermarket bags coming into the house precisely to use as free bin liners. But I don't need them at the moment since the clothing charity scam people seem to be in the area at the moment and are leaving lots of bigger, nicer bags that I can use instead for the same purpose.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

and they collect them when full :)

Reply to
Martin

If the Irish experience is generally applicable, all of them.

Reply to
Huge

Debit card

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Pay to park, pay more for the goods, have less choice and wonder up and down the High Street in the pissing down rain? Those days are gone and yes, I do feel sorry for the small shops.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

You wouldn't still be miffed about their cheap olive oil would you?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

You wouldn't still be miffed about their cheap olive oil would you?

Trust me! The one thing that you don't want to do is buy cheap olive oil (unless it's for ear drops)

tim

Reply to
tim.....

mind boggles.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Definiately ok. My food bill has doubled since Asda took over Netto, and getting the bus to Aldi on the other side of the city, just makes it the same cost.

JGH

Reply to
jgh

Pay for parking? It's OK to park on double yellow lines and nip into the shop if you put your hazard warning lights on.

Of course you have less choice in a local independent shop such as Bill suggested. When I call into the local butchers he never seems to sell nothing other than meat related products of the highest quality. I have to go into the off licence next door to the butchers for my beer.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

No it is not.

Well, I got 4 cans of 4.1 proof cans of lager for £2.79. I have not tasted them yet.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Taa.

Reply to