OT: A small step for fusion

I should have said "the effect of ..." :)

Reply to
Jethro_uk

The press release (sort of) implied the energy content, rather than the power. But I agree it was ambiguous.

Yeah, when I was a kid we were taught that thunderstorms were a significant source of nitrogen fixation and thus of great value to agriculture and the biosphere in general. It *would* be interesting to see a modern view of the figures. That's not to say, of course, that photochemical smogs in LA associated with motor vehicles and the typical temperature inversions are not a *bad thing*.

With you on that!

I think perhaps it is time to separate the once indivisible phrases of "media" and "(serious) journalism". Interesting article by Rusbridger (admittedly plugging his latest book) here

I wouldn't expect him to be your favourite journalist, but to my mind he does make some interesting points whatever your starting point.

Neither the NotW phone hacking nor the Snowden revelations came as much of a surprise to me. But I think it was right that both came into the public domain. I sympathise with the Security Service feeling that some of their tools had been blown, but I'm also happier that the man on the Clapham omnibus has a clearer picture on the visibility of his net activity.

Reply to
newshound