OT: A poets vision of London

We wonder,?and some Hunter may express Wonder like ours, when thro' the wilderness Where London stood, holding the Wolf in chace, He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess What powerful but unrecorded race Once dwelt in that annihilated place.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The Natural Philosopher snipped-for-privacy@invalid.invalid posted

A bit like Shelley, but not as good.

Reply to
The Marquis Saint Evremonde

Well, we used to say Fridays were Poets day. Piss off Early Tonight. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Piss off early, tomorrow's Saturday

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Yeah, Ozymandias comes to mind.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

And other variations of course are available. One of the most annoying things was when we used to get paid in cash, they would take so long to do it that the early finish was a farce as everyone was lurking waiting for the dosh. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I thought poets day was

Piss of early tomorrow's saturday.