OT

Amazing!! It's on the web! It must be true!! My mistake, clearly not sober yet.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Good. Keep it that way.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Want to see an example?

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

No thanks, but as you crave attention I dare say you'll give it to us anyway.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Is that likely?

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

I thought that was the result of flawed evidence given by an "expert" witness rather than the judge?

John Rumm

Or the shaking caused the loony with the shoulder launched SAM to accidentally pull the trigger?

Reply to
John Rumm

If you do the calculations, there is a good chance that someone, somewhere in the UK, will experience their third cot death every month or few months or so, just randomly.

The trouble is these judges and other experts who can't do sums are told that it's a 1 in 20 million chance or something. So they conclude it's murder. So what if it is 1 in 20 million. Give yourself enough people, and some poor bastard, somewhere in the UK, will have their number come up.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Yep. It's like the chance of one particular small town having two big lottery winners. If you pick a town, it's incredibly small. However if you don't specify the town, the chance of it happening somewhere are vastly higher.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

s an air crash was by definition a correlation.

ious I claimed correlation of more than one coincident and that allows the correct use of the term: Correlation refers to any of a broad class of stat istical relationships involving dependence.

ly all I implied was that overall failures are due to something in the air however temporary or unfortunate its precipitation. I will help you out her e but since you are determined to be right at my cost I will not take you v ery far, as You can not get far disblieving me with success:

eeding at disbelief is the proclivity of those determined to enjoy failure. )

ble examples not because I wish to encourage you but because I believe you to be so adept at failure:

snip

zings coal and gold mine accidents and a variety of well, let your mind roa m free since it is not bound by compunctions common to ordinary mortals.

So let me get this right, you get all the above nonsense about me from me s imply pointing out that one instance of one event following another instanc e of another event is not correlation. Welcome to your breakdown. And no, I have not the remotest interest in "examine the regularity of coincident fe rry capsizings coal and gold mine accidents," it has no relevance to me wha tsoever.

Reply to
tabbypurr

Dependence implies causation.

So you have no mechanism and cannot suggest any.

You are talking complete c*ck.

Reply to
Tim Streater

simply pointing out that one instance of one event following another insta nce of another event is not correlation. Welcome to your breakdown. And no, I have not the remotest interest in "examine the regularity of coincident ferry capsizings coal and gold mine accidents," it has no relevance to me w hatsoever.

Who?

I can't think who you are offhand. Nobody important enough to stick in my m ind past a mealtime -if that. I think I shall be able to keeps tabbs on tab now though, should I ever have need. Especially if I ever have need -but t hat isn't likely.

TWIMC: it turns out that the jet involved had a design flaw in the battery box so it could have been a self immolation device planted by the manufactu rers and thus does come under the fault flaws found, fundamental factors fu nctioning or not as the case may be.:

Boeing 737s under scrutiny after US regulators order tail inspections ...

- Cached

- Similar

15 Apr 2013 ... People around the Lion Air Boeing 737 that crashed into the sea short of ... had to swim to safety after a brand new Boeing 737 crashe d off the coast of Bali. ... jet back in the air after battery problems led to a global grounding.

Someone should tell the Russians that Sharm el sheik will be fine for non b oeing 737s going there.

It seems to me that at the end of the 1990's when the airline industries fi nally began to get their shit together, they went and gorn an dun a couple of extremely stoooopid things.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Weatherlawyer

Hilarious. Are 737s bomb proof?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Whilst it is generally considered a good thing to have an open mind, the id ea is that one can consider putting things into an open mind. The truth is that people (not just you in particular) but people generally (as well as y ou in particular) tend to open their minds to remove the contents.

That too, may be considered a good thing. Especially if the mind is as full as yours is. Especially if it is full of what yours is. It is surprising t hough to realise that a mind like yours can remain so full despite being op ened so regularly. I take it is not opened with purgatives?

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Living in la la land is no substitute for thought. I have read all 69 pages of speculation regarding the Russian air liner crash on a professional pilots forum.

Guess how many times that either a) earthquake or b) battery fire has been considered as a likely cause in this case?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

All that proves, if proof it be, is that you can read. As it happens I suspect you can ... ...read

Read speculative text, that is. Rather like talking (or writing to you) it is a waste of time. I have an idea why you did so, want me to guess?

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Given your ability to fantasise associations, your guess is bound to be wildly wrong and require and entirely new branch of science to explain.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Given you ability to read posts you will be unaware I have invented one already. Being of the hard of understanding there is no point in elucidating for you.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

No you haven't.

Reply to