An Apple apologist... or something else?

Recently, a person on this newsgroup, who claims to be a Mac user, wrote the following statements on the same issue (making aliases in OSX) :

"It is true, though, that the bug he has found exists with both List view and Column view. "

... and

"Yup, you found a bug Steve."

Aftfer these "bug" type statements this Mac user then wrote these kinds of statements on this issue:

"And Steve wants people to now believe that this does not work the same on ?his machine... when the problem is *undoubtedly* user erro r.  Undoubtedly."

... and

"The problem is user error.  But Steve likes to make up stories about the problems he has with his Macs... he does not accept the fact he is just an incompetent user. "

In the past, this Mac user has also written the following statement about how he believes he differs from "many in csma""

"Unlike many in csma, I do not focus my views on personalities".

If this person isn't merely focusing on a personality here, isn't this person being an Apple apologist for claiming something he himself has labeled as a "bug" in OSX is "*undoubtedly*" an example of "user error" by an "incompetent user"?

Reply to
Steve Carroll

The "person" you refer to is an idiot who is consumed with his hatred for you. Even though he admits it is a bug from Apple he blames you. He think you and Steve Jobs are the same person. I guess last names are too confusing for him.

Reply to
Big Crotch on a Small Fish

Big Crotch on a Small Fish stated in post snipped-for-privacy@news.x-privat.org on

10/29/10 5:42 PM:

Ah, Steve and his sock share the same black and white world view. So he (and you, his sock) know the facts:

  • Steve Carroll was flat out wrong to deny that you can make multiple aliases in OS X.
  • I was absolutely right to note that you can make multiple aliases, and I proved it with a video:
  • Steve accepted that my video was correct, but then said that it only worked in icon view.
  • I was absolutely right to note that you can make multiple aliases in other views, and I proved it with a video:
  • Steve was right to note that with the other views it is not quite the same - the keystrokes have to be done in a very particular way. While this way works with icon view, other ways that work with icon view do not work with the other views. This is a minor bug - an area of arbitrary inconsistency.

Because Steve does not understand how things are not always black and white he is, again, lost. And he will not, of course, admit what is obvious: he was wrong about OS X not allowing multiple aliases to be made.

Steve showed he was ignorant of the capabilities of OS X. I not only proved to him he was wrong, I made a video that showed him how to do it - down to showing him how and when to use what keyboard keys. The fact I helped Steve was, to him, offensive, so he - as he does so often - trolled me and created another army of socks to "help" him.

Oh: and I predict since I responded to a post of his (well, his socks), Steve will insist that this means I read *all* of his posts. He cannot understand how it cannot be black and white - how someone can read *some* posts without reading all. Another sign of Steve's extreme black and white world view.

Reply to
Snit

(snip some BS by Snit)

Yup... it's what you called a "bug"... an "inconsistency".

You recognize this, yet, you're saying the "error" here is mine. LOL!

Hint: This is an Apple "error".

And, notably, you're *still* calling it a "bug"... an "inconsistency"... while you simultaneously call it my "user error".

Put the crack pipe down now, Snit;)

Apple did something even you admit is inconsistent... I pointed it out... and you call me lost. What meds can you possibly be mixing together that would get you this high? LOL!

... right about the "inconsistency" of OSX, that you're labeling a "bug"? Yes, I did show that.

It's far more than obvious that you read all of my posts. People just aren't as stupid as you need them to be.

Reply to
Steve Carroll

You're just jealous that you can never be as big of a troll that Snit. You can never make everyone in a group actively hate you.

Reply to
Sandman

Heh

Reply to
MuahMan

Tim Adams stated in post teadams$2$0$0$ snipped-for-privacy@70-3-168-216.pools.spcsdns.net on

11/4/10 6:17 PM:

The first video - sure. Steve merely said it could not be done. I proved him wrong. When he changed his mind and decided it could be done in icon view but not the other views, I proved him wrong there, too.

But since Steve was right about a quirk in doing so in some views, he insisted the video did not show him how to do it. Even though I show him the hot keys and everything.

Yeah, Steve was just flat out wrong in the quotes I show in that video: and here is the funny thing - it is completely predictable you will *never* acknowledge this and will make up stores about me. 100% predictable. And Steve says it is up to me to explain why you lie... you see, when people lie as you do, Steve holds *me* accountable for your lies. Steve Carroll thinks you are a little child who is not responsible for your own lies.

Steve found a bug in that the are some ways that work in icon view that do not work in the other views. Steve was wrong to say it could not be done in other views.

This is just too complex for you to understand though. Or too upsetting. You just have to throw a fit and lie. You cannot help yourself.

And Steve was wrong about this. And neither he nor you will ever admit to this. And since Steve thinks you are a little child, he thinks you should not be responsible for your lies. He thinks I should be.

Yeah, Steve is just that stupid.

The bug where the order of operation is less flexible for the other views is still there. It has not been corrected.

Well, I suppose it might be idiotic to help the guy who is so filled with hate he tracked me down to my work place and told me he would "twist arms" to get me fired - but I am a nice guy... overly trusting. Many honest folks, such as myself, are overly trusting. So be it.

Reply to
Snit

(snip)

This is a lie. I didn't "change" my mind, in fact, I stated:

"I stand corrected."

The only question here is why you would lie about something that is so easily proven as a lie? Google shows you even singled out and specifically quoted this exact piece of text before now:

Steve was shown he was wrong. To his credit he admitted: Carroll: ------ I stand corrected. -----

Are you simply unable to stop yourself from lying, Snit? LOL!

That's because it didn't... I had already figured out a way to do it, in fact, I posted about it as I explained to you that what you were showing didn't work:

the method I used differed slightly from the method that a poster sent to me in email.

The way I did it used "hot keys and everything"... same goes for the method spoken about by the poster who emailed me. Your way didn't work on my MBP, the emailer's way did. Why are you still whining and trying to compete with this person?

(snip additional lies and drooling by Snit)

Whatever you want to call it, I 'taught' you about it. Notably, you never apologized for writing all manner of BS about me prior to your acknowledgment of it.

I said it couldn't be done the way I was doing it... the way you kept insisting that it could as you simultaneously admitted I found a "bug". IOW your position made no sense... again;)

I accepted that I made a statement that was incorrect, which is why I wrote: " I stand corrected."

Your video had another problem... which is why you posted another one (a third one) when no one was looking, or rather, when you thought no one was looking.

I wasn't "wrong" about using the key strokes I used in the manner in which I used them. The person sending me the email pointed out something you never mentioned, that something was later posted by me. Here it is again:

"When selecting the files, when you select the very last one you want to make an alias of, select and drag it. That way you are not de- selecting anything in the list. Works for me on an iMac and a MBP, in icon, list and column view."

I know you want to be a "teacher" but the fact is that the person who emailed me deserves the credit here.

Reply to
Steve Carroll

and I'm sure you can provide a link where he says 'it can't be done' sometime next year.

Only AFTER he pointed out how it was done - NOT before. IOW, he proved YOU wrong, and you were still calling it 'an Apple Bug'. Something it never was!

You did't 'prove' anybody wrong except the person that called it 'an Apple bug' and that person was michael glasser, aka snit.

You 'showed him' AFTER he pointed out to you how it was done. Why don't you at least try and get your facts right once?

~still more babbling by the liar snit snipped.

Reply to
Tim Adams

Tim Adams stated in post teadams$2$0$0$ snipped-for-privacy@70-3-168-216.pools.spcsdns.net on

11/5/10 6:48 PM:

His exact words were "but you can only do one app at a time this way".

And, below, you just snip and make things up. Boring.

Remember the facts:

  • Steve Carroll was flat out wrong to deny that you can make multiple aliases in OS X.

  • I was absolutely right to note that you can make multiple aliases, and I proved it with a video:

  • Steve accepted that my video was correct, but then said that it only worked in icon view.

  • I was absolutely right to note that you can make multiple aliases in other views, and I proved it with a video:

  • Steve was right to note that with the other views it is not quite the same - the keystrokes have to be done in a very particular way. While this way works with icon view, other ways that work with icon view do not work with the other views. This is a minor bug - an area of arbitrary inconsistency.

See: you made that up.

And you made that up, too.

And, Tim, so are you!

Reply to
Snit

(snip)

And what "way" was I referring to?

A particular "way", Snit?

Interesting, this part about the "way". Maybe you should give some thought to the idea that Tim spotted something you remain baffled over while your own words provide you the missing puzzle piece;)

(poor Snit, he's all 'way'd' down)

That works in a certain "way" but not "other ways"? LOL!

Reply to
Steve Carroll

So you LIED when you claimed he said 'it could not be done'. Thanks for clearing that up.

Removed your added BS. Your 'facts' don't agree with google, but then, if you couldread, you'd already know that.

Yes, I see your lies don't agree with reality.

Sorry to say, your 'facts' don't agree with google. IOW you're the one making it up.

More babbling by the trolling idiot michael glasser snipped

Reply to
Tim Adams

Tim Adams stated in post teadams$2$0$0$ snipped-for-privacy@70-3-168-216.pools.spcsdns.net on

11/26/10 4:01 PM:

Here:

It is not like it is hard to prove you wrong. Again.

Are you *ever* right?

Reply to
Snit

Tim Adams stated in post teadams$2$0$0$ snipped-for-privacy@70-3-168-216.pools.spcsdns.net on

11/26/10 4:01 PM:

And more detail for you, from a past post (not worth re-wording for you... given how it is 100% predictable you will snip, run and lie in response to the following):

Yes, he found a quirk (a bug, an inconsistency... wow, I have used multiple terms, Steve's head will spin!). There is *a* way that you can copy multiple aliases in icon view that does not work in the other views, but there is also *a* way (or maybe more) that works in all of the views. Steve, initially, was wrong about there not being a way... and then after he changed his mind about that and learned there was a way in icon view, he was wrong about there not being a way in the other views.

As you have seen... and as Steve was shown and thus, if he was not an idiot, learned:

Thu, 14 Oct 2010 15:17:27 GMT Thu, 14 Oct 2010 16:25:30 GMT Fri, 15 Oct 2010 02:39:06 GMT

The three videos that I made, each done before Steve *claimed* to finally figure it out based on an anonymous email he got. Oh, an anonymous email that must remain private. Tee hee. But let us say he actually got one... which is unlikely given his history of lying, but whatever... say he got one. So? So someone finally explained to him what he could not figure out on his own *or* with the videos I provided him. That is right: Steve claims he was too stupid to figure it out from the video and needed an anonymous email.

LOL!

Even when Steve tries to look clever he just ends up claiming he is an idiot.

Oh, and even more fun. The first post where Steve claimed to have gotten this email was . Oct. 14 at 6:58 PM (over 16 hours

*after* the posting of the video which he and Tim Adams claim came after Steve's email):

----- This person emailed me with the following text: "Steve, When selecting the files, when you select the very last one you want to make an alias of, select and drag it. That way you are not de-selecting anything in the list. Works for me on an iMac and a MBP, in icon, list and column view." -----

But my videos, which anyone can verify, were posted *before* that. Yes. Easy to verify... javascript:alert(document.lastModified) on the videos will work just fine to prove it for example... and is how I got the info for above.

But, even more funny:

Steve Carroll, 5 Nov 2010 ----- BTW... there is an email but I can't divulge it unless the person who wrote it gives me permission. See, unlike you, I don't divulge private emails while I make a claim about being "honest and honorable". -----

LOL! Steve had already "divulged" the email in his past lies... he then turns around and denies that he would ever sink to such a level.

Too damned funny! Once again, Steve piles his lies higher and higher and they just come toppling down on him!

Reply to
Snit

... "user error"?

Oh did you forget that you also labeled it that way, Snit? You never did explain how a "bug" is "user error".

No, I'm well used to your tautologies and the confusion only you have over them.

So you finally wrapped your head around this concept... good for you.

But I didn't say there wasn't "a way", I specifically said that he couldn't do it "this way" (the "way" I was doing it at the time).

Just when you appeared to be making your "way" forward too... such a shame. LOL!

I *claimed* to have figured out 'a way' right away and I posted about it, as google proves. Notably, not a single one of your videos showed you trying to do it the "way" I said it couldn't be done. In fact, when you tried it 'that way' you even agreed that it was inconsistent as you labeled it a "bug", an "inconsistency" and finally "user error"... as if a "bug" or "inconsistency" could possibly be categorized as "user error" by any sane, honest and honorable person.

(snip out of context lies and other assorted BS by Snit)

Reply to
Steve Carroll

Big Crotch on a Small Fish stated in post snipped-for-privacy@news.x-privat.org on

11/26/10 5:33 PM:

I have explained both the bug and your error many times, Steve.

The fact I used different (though accurate) terms is confusing you. Oh well.

You are very proud you found an inconsistency in how the views work. Lovely. You earn a gold star.

Your "defense" is you were not denying it could be done. Which is clearly a lie. You are lying, Steve.

And you did this several hours after I showed you. Yippee... several

*hours* after being shown the above videos you figured out how to do what you were shown.

And you are proud. Good. You get a second gold star.

The videos show the correct way. The last one, in particular, shows your comments and then shows why they are wrong.

Poor Steve: cannot deal with the fact he was wrong.

You already got your gold star for finding the inconsistency. Stop bragging.

Gee, Steve... are your crickets going to chirp now? LOL! You just run away scared.

Gee, Steve... no wonder you hear crickets chirping so often... you have

*nothing* to say to fill the silence. Not when you are faced with your own lies. LOL!

Reply to
Snit

73- Marious Barrier (COLA, regarding Snit): "I must recognize that it is the first time I see that kind of troll, once that start asking moderately serious questions and since the first answer, gradually starts to degenerate it by, in many failed attempts of being sarcastic, inserting various indirect insults and calling all people ignorant and unable to answer what he asks for." 14 Oct 2010

> wow, I have used multiple terms, Steve's head will spin!).

102- Rapskat (COLA, to Snit): "For instance, your sig you reference a long standing war you have going with some person from csma. It's like you single out persons to target your attentions upon and then continuously berate them with constant barbs and goads to perpetuate their acrimonious responses, which in turn you respond in kind, etc. ad infinitum. Above all things, your affinity for Macs and your overbearing pompous nature aside, this is what convinces me that your primary purpose for frequenting this and other groups is to troll." 07 Sep 2005

High Plains Thumper

99- Peter Kohlmann (cola): "Snot Glasser is invading this group with his inane drivel, so he has to bear what people think about that dishonest retard. And just for the record: You *are* a Glasser sock" 30 Jan 2010

> And, below, you just snip and make things up. Boring.

42- -hh (to Snit): 'Perversion has utterly nothing to do with the definition of "synonymous". It is, however, a very clear example of how you attempt to maliciously debase against anyone who disagrees with you. As such, I consider this to be a purposeful attempt by you to try to libel me. This is your only warning to consider rescinding your remark, with the reminder that you, and you alone are responsible for that accusation, both in the ethical as well as the full legal meaning of the word "responsible".' 25 Feb 2008

>>> I proved him wrong.

RonB: (COLA): "Why do you bother responding to Snit? He makes no point, he simply gainsays whatever you say. Just another version of Hadron's 'you're a liar' mantra, which is about all he can muster nowadays." 27 May 2010

High Plains Thumper

(snip)

Said Snit as he used yet another sock puppet, this time for the purpose of pretending it's mine so he doesn't have to break his vow to not talk to me directly (yes Snit, your games are *that* obvious). Maybe you'll grow up next year.

... that you called the same thing different names, one of them being "user error" is documented in the google archive, as I have repeatedly shown.

I am honest that I found an inconsistency using the "way" that I mentioned, you know, the same "way" that you initially agreed was inconsistent (and are still agreeing), despite also labeling it as "user error".

I don't need a "defense" from your delusions, Snit... no one ever did.

Reality check from google... (again): "...but you can only do one app at a time this way. Even so, thirty apps shouldn't take too long to do, even this way." - Steve Carroll

"this way" - Steve Carroll "even this way" - Steve Carroll

LOL! Now we have yet another "way" thrown into the mix by you.

You seem to forget that the google archive shows me talking about me accomplishing this another "way" and it worked just fine. How do you know the "way" you are referencing here is the "correct way"?

Your claims that I was "wrong" and that a "bug" or an "inconsistency" are the same thing as "user error" have no support. Restating the claims ad infinitum don't make them real... no matter how much glue you've sniffed;)

Reply to
Steve Carroll

Big Crotch on a Small Fish stated in post snipped-for-privacy@news.x-privat.org on

11/26/10 7:28 PM:

One: that has nothing to do with the topic - your confusion over how Apple can have an inconsistency *and* how you can fail to know how to do something. It is not like this is a complex concept, but it is one you are showing no sign of understanding. Oh well. Not like I expect better of you or think you will actually gain understanding and *admit* to it. Just as you will never admit I showed you how to make multiple aliases, despite the video proof, you will never admit you understand this simple concept even if you someday do.

Two: I *am* replying to you directly. It is not like you are even using a different Usenet client for your socks. Just interesting to see how desperate you will get. And you get very, very desperate.

As I note, above, the fact there can be an Apple bug *and* you can not know how to do something is *not* something you will admit. You will trust, lie, call me names, and play your other games as you show off how ignorant you are. It makes you happy to do so. I hope.

Nope. But you are proving me right *again* about how confusing a *simple* concept is to you: there is both an inconsistency *and* you were clearly ignorant of how to do something (as even you admitted... you pretended to get an email that explained how to do what I had already showed you).

See: you are using the very defense I noted you were. And you snipped. You are pretending to have denied it could be done. You are lying. It is not like this is complex.

Nope. I showed one way... the way that works. I showed that one way working in both icon view and another view.

You claimed the way you were talking about did not work. You even repeat that, above. You cannot keep your story consistent in the same post, no less over time. You are lying. Or stupid. I do not care which.

See: you repeat your same nonsense. If you post again with the type snipping and lying you did in this post you will *not* get my attention again. Even if you do as you did here and resend the exact same message with a sock.

And since you are a desperate little troll just begging for my attention, perhaps that will get you to actually quote in a more honest way. Maybe not. Your dishonesty is so deeply ingrained in you that you simply might not be able to stop yourself.

This whole "debate" is stupid. You did not know how to do something, you were shown how, from this you learned but based on an inconsistency in OS X you did not think it would work in other views, you were shown you were wrong there too... and then you learned you could do it in the other views even though the inconsistency exists.

There is no reason this needs to be a debate. There is no reason for you to be so angry. Just accept you are learning and that learning is not a reason for your obvious embarrassment - you should be happy you are learning. There is no shame in it. And, of note, I never mocked you for not knowing - I did, however, note your lies and your other poor behavior. Your learning I commend.

Reply to
Snit