Orientation of lever ball valve

Is there any reason why a lever operated full bore ball valve, on a horizontal pipe, shouldn't be mounted with the lever on the side or bottom, rather than the top? Would meake access easier in my situation. Domestic water system, 22mm pipes from header tank.

Reply to
Davidm

In message snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Davidm <davidm snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com writes

None that I know of. Most of mine are vertical.

While the plumbers are awake... is there anything I need to know about

20 year old 1/4 turn tap valves?

I re-used an old swan neck assembly for our utility area and there is no visible means of identifying the manufacturer. Progress so far is to isolate the supplies in sequence. Both leak but cold is worst.

Annoyingly, swan necks don't drip; they gather a teaspoonful and then let that go. Very noticeable with a stainless steel bowl:-(

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Bet you that this will work:

Or, if you prefer 1/2 turn, this:

GB

Just remember to give it a little shake each time after you've used it, then it won't drip.

Alternatively, a small one-way air inlet at the lower end of the neck will allow drips to syphon out, but resist water under pressure.

Owain

Reply to
Owain Lastname

Perhaps. Mine are ceramic 1/4 turn. Best is probably to carry one into a plumbing outlet and ask them to match.

Google found at least 5 similar but different versions. You can purchase a gauge to save counting the splines on the operating shaft.

Amazon are sending me a pair for £11.00 or so. Must remember to cancel the prime registration:-)

Curiously they have stopped dripping!

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Isn't that what the dairymaid said to Adam?

The current £11.00 investment may avoid such technical niceties.

Reply to
Tim Lamb