Opinel Knives

Because that would mean admitting that they are wrong. Politicians are never wrong. Because the "output" from politicians is laws. More and more laws. (I've always favoured setting a limit, such that before they can pass a new one, they have to repeal an old one.) Because passing new legislation is easier than amending existing(?)

Reply to
Huge

OK. I hope, faced with an agricultural barbed wire fence, you would have the courtesy to accept that it was there for legitimate reasons and choose an alternative route or climb over without damage.

Sold off ex-railway land is an example here. The stretch bought by the County Council is open for cyclists, walkers and horseriders. The private stretch, bought by our then landlords, is levelled, fenced and cropped. Roughly once a year (since 1977) rather than walk along the by-pass verge, some misguided pedestrian will climb over the initial post and rail fence (topped with barbed wire) and then cut their way out to join a bridleway.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Well, I've been told you need your Leatherman, a torch, your phone and gawd knows what else when you pop out to post a letter. So I'd guess you'd add to that your wallet with every single card etc you might ever need and your Kindle in case you decide to have a read on the way.

By the time you've stowed that lot away, you've missed the last post...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You actually have a vehicle and don't carry a basic toolkit in it? That is silly.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I carry an upper range Swiss Army Knife, no magnifier or pozi-drive but it does have an a corkscrew to the detriment of my pocket linings.

I also carry my full complement of cards without much concern. I don't

*shop* as such and consider myself a poor target for pickpockets. >
Reply to
Tim Lamb

this one?

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Useless. Tha blades are blunt.

Reply to
Bob Eager

That is the most useless thing I have ever seen

Reply to
FMurtz

Check out the reviews, brilliant.

Mike (Sent from my Wenger 16999)

Reply to
Muddymike

Ha! And the trailer to carry!

While I do use the screwdriver blades, I have found the rivets securing the blade assembly can fail if subjected to regular twisting forces.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Yes, it would be (IMHO).

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Why would Huge / I consider an act of vandalism and potentially trespass, just because we may carry the means to do both?

Ah, so you are comparing us with criminals or 'going equipped'. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

It makes an excellent shop display. Which I believe is what it was.

Reply to
dennis

In message , T i m writes

Ah! I only said *one* determining factor. I have no reason to believe you or Huge are guilty of any.

There is probably a long list somewhere but it must include the widely held belief that farmers/landowners deliberately obstruct public rights of way.

Definitely going equipped:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Good. ;-)

Whilst I'm sure it's done and certainly has been done in the past (especially in the more remote areas), I'm pretty sure there would be 'issues' if they tried such things today (and on the more popular / actually used) routes.

Good ... we are ... for all sorts of legitimate and often daily situations. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Built-in sunset clauses for all new legislation might be a way to go. Let the damn Acts expire unless they're still genuinely needed.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

One of my colleagues bought a nice digital micrometer in China when we were there. Airport confiscated it :(

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

But apparently, go to Switzerland, buy a Swiss army knife and as long as the blade is less than 6cm, you will be allowed to board a plane from a Swiss airport with it - but may have it confiscated if you have another connection en-route.

The international rules are apparently 6cm, but some countries impose stricter ones.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Why ... did they want one themselves.