Opening/removing SUPRA key-safe.

snipped-for-privacy@1g2000pre.googlegroups.com...

Well, in that case no 3-digit presses will open a lock expecting four. Prat!

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Exactly, so why are you telling me the odds for four digits?

If the hat fits.

Reply to
dennis

snipped-for-privacy@f36g2000hsa.googlegroups.com...

I didn't

It certainly fits you!

Reply to
Man at B&Q

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@f36g2000hsa.googlegroups.com...

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@1g2000pre.googlegroups.com...

You did, read your posts.

As I said if the hat fits.

Now go away.

Reply to
dennis

So how much better is choosing 6 (sequence independent) buttons out of

10, compared to 4 out of 10?
Reply to
Andy Dingley

Well the man at B&Q would never get it as he would only try 4 digit codes. Its the same with the push button door locks, they come set to five digits so if you change it to four or six that gets rid of quite a few people that think they have to try all the five button codes.

Reply to
dennis

You're the one in need of literacy lessons. Show me where I told you the odds?

Better all round if you just take your own advice.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Refer back to Matty's post.

Or if you like, consider that picking six is the same as not-picking four. So same odds.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Obviously 8-) I'm just taunting Dennis the Genius to see if he gets it yet.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Statistically its incorrect and as far as users go its more incorrect so if you think posting cr@p is taunting I suppose you are an expert in it.

Reply to
dennis

He's baiting you Dennis, you seem to be a master at that...

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

So what's wrong with it? You have a lock with 10 identical buttons where the combination can be set to be either 4 or 6 buttons pressed (once each, in any order) and the remainder are unpressed.

Does choosing 4 buttons or 6 buttons offer the most combinations? Why?

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Its obvious, think about it for a while. If you can't think why ask your mom or a school chum.

Reply to
dennis

He's asking you

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Well you tell him then. I see no reason to tell either of you.

Reply to
dennis

Ner ner ne ner ner. I'm telling my Mum of you.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman