One up for Lidl/Aldi

Can't remember quite which, but I bought a kit of 'O' ring spares a wee while back on the basis that these might be useful sometime.

'Sometime' arrived yesterday when I finally surcumbed to pressure from HID to do something about the dreadful SCART cable that keeps on drifting out of connection on the back of the TV. Two screws as clipping points and a large 'O' ring over the SCART plug - now why couldn't Panasonic have thought of that ?

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

Yes, some kind of locking arrangement should have been included in the original SCART concept, and I like your "elastic" solution rather than a latch or screw-up arrangement, less chance of damage when moving equipment etc.

I tend to use the flat ribbon style of SCART cable, they have good inter-signal screening and their weight distribution is such that the shearing force is across the width of the plug rather than its length.

Reply to
Graham.

I thought they must be designed that way so that when her indoors drags the whole lot out to hoover, they just fall out and don't get damaged. Those from the Pound Shop have little dimples on the side for more of a snap fit. I can't afford to shop at Lidl :-)

Reply to
Stuart Noble